PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Pro and Lightwave Plug-in problem

edpilot
03-12-2003, 09:46 AM
I am running 10.2.4 and have installed Final Cut Pro and Lightwave 7.5b. I have finally gotten around to playing around with LW, and have discovered that several plug ins are "missing," specifically, the BandSaw.p won't load. There appears to be 3 uses for the same plug in (see screen shot).

Taking a look at the plug-in file, it has taken on the attributes of a Final Cut Pro plug-in, and it shows up as a FCP documemt. On my other Mac, I have not installed FCP, and the plug in shows up as a shared library document.

When I view the file through my network, the computer with FCP installed sees the other computer's plug in also as a FCP document.

Anyone seen this problem, or any ideas about a work-around?

Thanks in advance!

edpilot
03-12-2003, 11:48 AM
I decided to dump everything (I had installed 7.5b the other day) and start all over. After I reinstalled 7.5, the BandSaw tool works just fine, and I presume that the other tools will work as well.

I'll advise if this FCP/LW thing rears its ugly head again...stay tuned.

Miles
03-12-2003, 12:26 PM
I have seen the same or similar situation on my OSX. The LW plug-ins .p files will appear to be FCP plug-ins I didn't consider it too serious an issue since what I had done was seleceted a LW plug-in from the OS desktop and did a Get Info, then via the pull down menu there I selected "Open with application" and asked it to choose "Other..." since LW wasn't listed as a compatible app (???) =P, then via the next pop-up switched the pull down menu from "Recommended Applications" to "All Applications" where after having done so "Lightwave" was selectable in its "Programs" folder and lastly told the Get Info window to "Change All..." such file types (.p) to use LW as the application for these plug-ins files.

I don't recall having problems after that so I think that might help you. I say recall since I've been busy seting up LW on a XP-Pro workstation I had to purchase just for LW use and have had little time to continue efforts of the MAC front. I sure would like come back to the MAC for my LW use and certainly would've loved to have saved the $ spent on the PC for a future LW8 upgrade, but I'm thinking I'll have to stick it out with LW7.5 until LW9 to justify the expense of LW as a whole for me here so far. :mad:

Oh well, I hope the suggestion above helps out on your end since I know what it's like dealing with these things.

Sincerely, M

CoMetX
03-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Yo, refer to my post in "QT tools not working" in LW-Mac. I had the same problem, and that is the only solution I could find. Hope it works for you too.