PDA

View Full Version : My personal Character rigging tools released !!

t4d
02-05-2004, 10:55 PM
I have just released my personal Character rigging tools For Lightwave 7.5

More Details Here (http://www.thomas4d.com/t4d_rigger/t4d_rigger.html)

It includes 8 ls for setting up
FK characters
FK Arms IK legs Characters
IK Armed and IK Leged Characters
Setup control objects ( eg heel & ball of feet control objects & IK hands & shoudlers controlers )
Eye targeting control rig
weightmaps set to bones
lock channels off ready to animate
Expression library with 176 expression for setting up Facial Joystick control rigs
these include ( 4 way controler, 8 way controler and 4 way controler working from corners )
so you can control up to 88 endomorphs with 11 joystick controls.

also 7 Fully Rigged characters models by 2 great character modelers William Vaughen & PiSong

and manual and tutorials

More Details Here (http://www.thomas4d.com/t4d_rigger/t4d_rigger.html)

Demo Qtime in a 6 meg Zip can be downloaded from here
Download here (http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~thomas4d/Thomas4d_Rigging_Tools001.zip)

Price You ask ??
a very small $25 US =)

email if you would like any more info :cool:

WilliamVaughan
02-06-2004, 06:38 AM
Awesome tool!

Can't believe it's sooooo in expensive!

Librarian
02-06-2004, 07:14 AM
Very nice! Such a joystick facial animation system should be a native(because it would be faster than using expressions) LW feature. That`s killer! It gives soo nice and smooth results.

Cobalt
02-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Ok tD4, I just sent you my beer money for the weekend. I saw the demo and your product looks cool. Though I'm a big fan of ACS4 and use it regularly, I was sold by the ability of your product to rig multiple charatcters in a scene. I never enjoyed character rigging and I'm open to use any tool to make that job go easier.

The only bummer encountered so far is the time delay required for the transfer of funds from US to Austrailia. I was hoping to try your system out immediately but will have to wait until Monday when I come back to work.

t4d
02-06-2004, 03:53 PM
yes the time delay will be fixed soon
I'm new to emarketing so call it a newbie mistake :rolleyes:

You'll have it in your inbox monday :D

cresshead
02-06-2004, 06:22 PM
hi looks Very interesting.
a question if i may, do you have a tutorial video on just how you would use the 8 L scripts to rig a character up?
or a pdf of the manual..though i'd prefer to watch a video if possible to determine if this is the neat cool thing that it looks like or a painful bunch of scripts in real world useage...without a manual or demonstartion videos of the procedure you'll have many people hovering on that "buy me now" button...i am!

no doubt it's on your to do list;)

not sure by your website but can you use a standard joystick for morphing?

i have a wingman somewhere that i'd like to put to use in lightwave like i do in max for motion capture..

more details would help push your sales no doubt

i DO like the idea that it's a CLEAN rigger with no need to others to have a plugin installed to use a rig

goood luck

steve g

t4d
02-06-2004, 06:43 PM
yes i will be posting the manual today sometime to the website

joystick to control the facual rig ... hmmmmm

I remember seeing a plugin on www.flay.com about something like that But as far as this plugin goes "joystick" is just a term for using a object in a center of a square and moving the object around in the square in a "joystick " like manner to control up 8 endomorphs levels

So no you can't control the facial rig with a wingman joystick
and there's 11 joysticks in the rig, so one joystick And switching between them when your animating would be a slow down the workflow . So i won't be working on that in the near future sorry :(

studiodude
02-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Hey T4d just put in my order. I believe it takes a few days for funds to clear looking forward to useing it. STUDIO:)

hrgiger
02-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Do you have FK/IK blending?

t4d
02-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Sorry No FK/IK blending
just make one rig with FK arms and one with IK arms
maybe in Lw 8 ;)

julos
02-06-2004, 10:45 PM
It looks good, everything that makes things easier is welcome :)
One thing i love in acs4 is the fingers linked to sliders, do you have such an option ?

t4d
02-06-2004, 10:52 PM
the main aim of the plugin was to create a Character rig without any plugins attached to it just straight LW
then you can add whatever you need on your characters in afew mins

I personally like to uses Selection sets to animate the fingers
but i will add stuff like sliders for the finger in the coming weeks:)

kevinmcpoland
02-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Hey T4D,

Just checking, are you going to let us know here when you've put the manual up on your website for viewing? I think I'm interested, but not being too familiar with Character animation yet and never having got round to rigging before, I would like to read up on what is involved, what it will do etc.

I mean, the video's for LW8 seem to express a real move by LW in the direction of making Character stuff much easier than before, and if so, what are the benefits of using your software?

Please note: That last bit is a genuine question from me as I'm not familiar with the tools, it's not supposed to be doubting your software (basically no insult intended...)

Thanks

Kevin McPoland
[email protected]

t4d
02-07-2004, 08:10 AM
No problem the manual's up now
always be updating the manual
will be adding a tutorial on how to add bones to the devil's tail in the morning

Thomas4d Rigging tools Doc's (http://www.thomas4d.com/t4d_rigger/Docs/Manual.html)

Cobalt
02-11-2004, 09:23 AM
I've had this Lscript plug-in for a few days and am getting the hang of it. It certainly isn't an "end-all" solution, but I think it's a great deal for the price.

The included pre-rigged scenes work great. The CA controls are easy to access and use. I like how he's got the shoulder area set-up in particular.

I still have not mastered using one of my own models on his scripts. Like ACS4, you are required to adjust the T4D skeleton to match your character model in the background. I'd recommend deleteing any previous weight maps the model may have had and build new ones from scratch based on T4D's bone naming convention.

My first attmept to use the Lscripts in Layout was with a lo-poly, no Sub-D, triangulated character. If you don't disable "Parent in Place" under general options, bones will spread out all over the place. My first auto-rig had problems with the way the IK knees would bend and with weight maps. This may have more to do with my lack of experience than with the T4D Lscripts. I think with a little more tweaking, I'll having a working auto-rig solution for multiple characters in a scene. It promises to be a big time saver for me.

Hope this helps.

t4d
02-11-2004, 09:42 AM
hey Cobalt

glad you like the idea:)

I will be releasing a new version in the next few days
with some messages and a interface to tell what each apart of the plugin is doing

with the knees make sure you bend the knees when you edit your skelegons even if this mean editing the model it's a must do to get good ik with LW Ik system

and your right this isn't the end-all solution
I really done it for my own rigging needs
it saves you that painfull 2 ro 3 hours of drawing skelegons and setup IK, assigning weight maps, seting control objects etc

and gives your a nice working rig
and each character is always so different
so adding hair, tails and wings are the only things
left to really do which really isn't that much at all :D

GraphXs
02-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Hey T4D

Great Plug-in I really like the facial contoled features. I've seen it done in XSI/Soft and Max. Thats great that LW can do that, it really gives alot of control to the face.

I can't wait for your Rig to add sliders for the fingers, etc. I was wondering if it is possible to add controllers for the fingers like the facial controls you have. That would be cool to blend from fist to open with each finger offset with only using one controller.

The only wish list I have for now is adding elbow controls, like the knees.

Again great plugin! and great price!

I love the fact I can focus on animation and not Rig set-up!

--------------------------------------on another note----------------------

Proton, Chuck and everyone at Newtek, the movies/features for LW8 is lookin great!

:D

Can't wait!

GraphX

hrgiger
02-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Looks very cool T4D. I'm going to wait and see how easy workflow is in 8 but I may end up getting your tools, especially for the price.

t4d
02-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by GraphXs
Hey T4D
The only wish list I have for now is adding elbow controls, like the knees.

Again great plugin! and great price!

I love the fact I can focus on animation and not Rig set-up!

Thanks GraphXs

the elbow control is the bank channel of the upper arm
i tried to setup the elbow like the knee but the shoulders work complete different with a target like that,
And i really like the shoulder controls:D