PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Motion Mixer remap question!!

CB_3D
02-05-2004, 05:40 AM
Hi there! Not sure if this is the right forum, well...

Very quick question. Can I re-use Motion Mixer clips (actors and motions) between different objects that share exactly the same bone setup? I have a bunch of trees with the same skelegons and would like to use the rather complex (skeleton) growth animation I did for one on all of them.

Possible? If so, how do i remap and actor and itīs motions from one tree to the other?

Thx in advance for any tips
Chris

Dodgy
02-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Save out the motion from one, and load it into the other. As long as the names are the same of the bones (which they will be if you've used the same skeleton in both) they should remap just fine :)

CB_3D
02-05-2004, 06:30 AM
Thx, Dodgy. Thatīs what i thought.
So, i have to create a second actor for the second tree, import all the motions and thatīs it? Itīs perfectly doable in my case ( just a couple of clips), but is there no way to remap all motionclips at once?

trick
02-05-2004, 07:06 AM
If you use the same bones structure with the same naming BUT with DIFFERENT SIZE/LENGTH bones (for instance on a bigger character), I really would like to know IF this works !!!! I had a lot of problems with rotation on bones that had rest rotations different from the rig you saved the *.hmot files (in MM) from !!

Dodgy
02-05-2004, 12:09 PM
That's hardly a surprise, MM only stores the rotational values of the old bones, not the offset. UNLESS you used recoord pivot rotation before MMixing your animation? Even so, Because the rotations are absolute, you may need to do some scaling of the rotation channels if your skeleton has changed proportion..

Johnnyx
02-05-2004, 02:21 PM
hmm sorry this isn't going to help... but may jog something in someone else's head...

i have been trying to get the re-map feature in MM to work for weeks.. I have had to give up. I have two characters - same rig... but "for my own reasons" the naming is slightly different.

Now, when I try and load a motion from one (same - apart from the naming) actor to the other ..I get a nice user friendly dialogue saying something like.. " the names are different ...re-map?" I pick the same hierarchy form the other model and MM seems happy! ....then.... nothing. The loaded clip simply doesn't work.. no errors.. nothing...

Now, its entirely possible I am doing something wrong.... but I have no idea what!!

Good luck!

J

CB_3D
02-06-2004, 01:34 AM
actor turned on?