PDA

View Full Version : Lens Flare problem LW 7.5

walkinginspace
02-04-2004, 09:40 AM
I've never really had to use lens flare and now I have a project that does. I have a lens flare in layout, showing up in open GL but when I hit f9 to render, there is nothing there, is there a setting I'm missing?

mlinde
02-04-2004, 10:21 AM
is it behind an object, and if it is do you have "behind object" turned on?

walkinginspace
02-04-2004, 10:31 AM
i don't have any objects in the scenes, just one light to try and test it out.....very weird and frustrating..

steve

Mylenium
02-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Check your light properties. LW will take into account the Falloff and Intensity settings in the rendered output (which OpenGL can't). No light reaches the camera = no lens flare.

Mylenium

walkinginspace
02-04-2004, 12:56 PM
I've gone thru about all the options following the manual to a t. I'm not at another station making sure it wasn't the software, and I'm getting the same thing. I think I'm reasonably knowledgable about LW and this is really stumping me.

steve

Phil
02-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Just a guess, but what about the global lens flare switch. It's in the ambient/global illumination section of the lighting dialog panel. *shrug*

Best I can suggest until you post the scene somewhere for someone to take a look at.

walkinginspace
02-04-2004, 09:37 PM
here's the scene file, I can't believe I'm still getting no flare.......I suck i quess:) Someone help!

Elmar Moelzer
02-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Hey, renders fine here.
Make sure you turn on the imageviewer and or AA though.
It seems that the preview- window gets a little confused and does not show the lensflare in the end.
Imageviewer does show it correctly though....
Hope that helps.
CU
Elmar

walkinginspace
02-04-2004, 10:01 PM
that was it. I wasn't using image viewer, it showed up there fine, but not in preview, I have no clue why though.....thanks a load.....i didn't think of trying that, just figured what was in preview was the rendered frame! Thanks again!

steve