View Full Version : 2 new demos- Feb 4

WilliamVaughan
02-04-2004, 08:49 AM
More LightWave Eight Demos.

Adding Wrinkles to my Ninja-
Edge Bevel Example: 13 meg
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/LW8Demos/Edgebevel_02.avi

------

Shows creating a keyframe by simply double clicking on dopetrack timeline and the use of Markers!
DopeTrack Markers: 5 meg
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/LW8Demos/markers_dopetrack.avi

anieves
02-04-2004, 09:24 AM
thx for the videos. I like the markers on the dope track! It would be cool if you could actually type something in ala After Effects. I can't wait to get my hands on 8.

NiPeR
02-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Cool! The DopeTrack looks amazing and the markers will absolutely speed up the animation process.

Originally posted by anieves
I can't wait to get my hands on 8.
You're not alone.;)

And proton, I really love your Ninja model. It's so damn cool! I hope I can do something like that one day.=)

Exper
02-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Great!

I noted that selected points don't completely fit in the right place.
Are you using Phantom/Ghost Points... or is it a little display error?
Yep... Phantom Points! :D

Damn cool. Cheers

Bye.

wacom
02-04-2004, 10:12 AM
That dope track is looking to save me hours! I like how easy it's going to be to edit key frames and such without having to always have the full dope track open. Something tells me a laptop user came up with this...

Maybe I'm on crack (again...yes my doctor told me to stop...but with deadlines...) but is there maybe a little less pinching on those "tri" sub-ds in the Ninja demo? Wishful thinking at best? I guess if you can't solve the N-gon issue the tri poly one is even better...

Kvaalen
02-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Really cool!

I like the new look of points (being solid instead of being empty).
But about the edge beveling, I think it would be much better and easier if the wrinkles were created using the free Wrinkle plugin. :)

I'm not complaining. Why should I? I probably will use the edge bevel tool (I currently use the Daz one but it crashs to often). I'm just giving a tip. :)

wacom
02-04-2004, 10:22 AM
It would also be real cool if when selecting and adding keyframes the corisponding "vertex/node" lit up on the animation path for the object. That would enable you to see just where you're tweaking your curve. Like wise it would be nice if when selecting the "node/vertex" on the animation path if it "lit" up the key frame on the dope track etc.

Other wise you'd have to scroll to that point...right? So not just the time but the "space" could be shown too?

Meshbuilder
02-04-2004, 12:07 PM
I like it.. :)

Proton, do we have the ability to scale a group of keys with the DopeTrack?

Exper
02-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Damn-fool... I am!

I confused, in the hurry of downloading, the dashes with a Signature: I understand now about the Dopetrack... :cool:

Hey... Proton...
please don't use that dashes or you'll drive me completely insane in a copule of posts! :D

Bye.

claymation
02-04-2004, 12:34 PM
cool looking features. I am liking dope track more and more

Proton, I've been keeping these movies in a folder and at this rate you'll have 2 CDs worth of movies. I am already about fill on one already.

:D

Jay

NiPeR
02-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Exper
Damn-fool... I am!

I confused, in the hurry of downloading, the dashes with a Signature: I understand now about the Dopetrack... :cool:

Hey... Proton...
please don't use that dashes or you'll drive me completely insane in a copule of posts! :D

Bye.

Happend to me too.:rolleyes:

Exper
02-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by NiPeR
Happend to me too.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Tesselator
02-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Ooo,,, Nice feature show on that DopeTrack clip dode!

Good Job!

mechis
02-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Thanks a lot Proton. I know that these videos take a lot of effort. Just know that it's appreciated!!!!!!!
~Mechis

ngrava
02-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Exshillent! I can't wait!

Can I request some more IK Booster vids? I'm really excited about this but I haven't really seen much of it beening used. For example, fixing and unfixing a limb durring an animation. Or some simple actions like a walk or something.

Thanks Proton!

Bytehawk
02-05-2004, 05:44 AM
those markers are great !

like you were explaining things I could think of a good way to work on these some more : when you hover over them you could make some text appear to tell you why there's a marker there.

keep up the good work.

Karmacop
02-05-2004, 06:49 AM
I hope those markers end up like my feature request here http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15666

toonafish
02-05-2004, 07:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kvaalen
[B]Really cool!

I like the new look of points (being solid instead of being empty).

As with the edge bevel, you can have the solid points right now. Just activate "simple wireframe points" in modelers Display Settings -> Interface.

Fish

http://www.toonafish.nl

Matt
02-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Exper
Are you using Phantom/Ghost Points... or is it a little display error?
Yep... Phantom Points! :D

he used phantom points, which are available in lw now!

Exper
02-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Matt
he used phantom points, which are available in lw now! Matt... I know! ;)

I was just hoping in seeing something new about Pahontom Points (discussed in "Point at SubPatch Interserction" Thread: http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15164&highlight=phantom).

Maybe for LW[8.X]. :rolleyes:

Bye.

anieves
02-07-2004, 05:44 AM
humm, I posted before that it would be cool to type text in for the markers, I just thought now that it would be even cooler if the text shows up in layout's feedback bar when you roll over the markers. I'll send this request in when 8 comes out ;)