PDA

View Full Version : Real Time 3D Object Viewers

CROUTON213
02-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Please recommend a direction I should go in for the purpose of viewing low polygon models in a real time viewer. What file format should I save the model in? Do I save the model or the scene? What are some popular viewers that you've had success with? Thanks...

Aegis
02-02-2004, 06:11 PM
.FBX seems nice - if you go to www.kaydara.com you can download a .FBX importer/exporter for LightWave - you can then view the objects in QuickTime using QT's FBX addon.

Grace
02-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Hi! I found a wonderful 3D browser that lets you browse not only 3D objects, but image files also. There is a pro version, but the lite version is free and works splendidly. I was so impressed with their free software that I ended up buying some of their commercial products. Anyways...

You can find it at http://www.mootools.com/plugins/us/index.htm
To quote the web site '3D Browser Light gives you the ability to view, browse & manage your images and 3D files with its fast thumbnail browsing window. It recognizes more than 60 files formats and offers an image editor (including rotate, flip, convert features...) and a 3D viewer (including textures support).'