PDA

View Full Version : Mayan Tzolkin

Zarathustra
03-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Okay, this project isn't completely finished, but this part is so I feel justified in posting here. It's a shot from one of many animations explaining the intricasies of the Mayan religious calender, the "Tzolkin".
I'm just curious to hear any feedback.

Rory_L
03-11-2003, 06:12 PM
I like the toothy grin glyph! Know what it represents really?

R

Zarathustra
03-11-2003, 06:26 PM
I just know it's "Ik" and has something to do with air and/or life. Each day is associated with a god, but I don't know which one corresponds with "Ik".

hmmm...now that I read that back I'm anticipating the "Ik" jokes. Maybe I'm just sarcastic and figure that's what I'd do......

Rory_L
03-12-2003, 03:50 AM
If that`s Ik, which one`s Tina? :)

R

P.S. Actually I think you should be more worried about Lord of the Rings gags!

paintboy
03-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Your bump maps for the icons are too "clean"
compared with the weathered look of the stone.
little hot on the spec.too.
nice tho..

Rory_L
03-12-2003, 06:16 PM
don't re-member
Haha! Copycat!:D

Well, the glyphs are clean because this is an educational illustration. That`s what I assumed anyway.

Zarathustra
03-12-2003, 06:19 PM
BING!

Rory answered correctly.

Besides, I figure the teeth of the gears would be more chipped and, well, chewed up.

RossNantz
08-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Ik, by one definition makers take, (J Arguelles,) Ik keywords are communication breath input and spirit. Cimi (Kimy?) is the dead "toothless" wonder. A fine book dealing with lots of different aspects of the signs is RT Kaser's Mayan Oracles for the Millenium. Corny title though lots of interesting varied information about the signs and numbers. The thing about it is there are many take about what the signs mean. I'm learning still and I've been familiarizing myself with this for 10 years now. Jeez... Think I'd know something by now!

The graphic is WOW! A beautiful, excellent, elegant example of the workings of 13 and 20 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Is it okay to eventaully link up to this graphic (not that I know how to do that yet) from another online journal source and hopefully a full fledge website dealing with what's come my way dealing with the tzolkin and cholq'ij???

http://1from4teacherslore.blogspot.com/

Thanks! Beautiful Work!!!

MooseDog
08-17-2005, 02:28 PM
i'd agree that the spec/reflection is too hot. surface needs some dirtying as well. professional effort tho, congrats!!