PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Coordinate System Tools: Please add

duderender
02-02-2004, 12:49 PM
-- Edited: I hope I have made my request more clear --

I would very much like to see coordinate system tools in modeler. I believe layout offers such tools for moving objects on a local coordinate system.

In modeler, I would like to define local coordinate systems to manipulate polys based on a xyz system that is not limited to the modeler default xyz system. The coordinate systems should have a defined origin and have the ability to be oriented based on a polygon normal with points, or be defined using points from polygons to define the xyz directions.

Other features to compliment the user defined coordinate systems would be to:
- save defined coordinate systems and have a way to reinstate them
- have the ability to orient your views based on user coordinate systems

Plugins like jettolocal and c-plane are a workaround but are not a good native tool set.

mkiii
02-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Half the battle would be won if we could just *rotate* the pivot in modeler.

duderender
02-02-2004, 04:35 PM
or even rotate the rove tool before moving the polys

Lynx3d
02-03-2004, 02:20 AM
How about JettoLocal (http://www.3dfightclub.com/~jettocrack/lightwave/plugins/jettolocal/index.htm)?

duderender
02-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by duderender

Plugins like jettolocal and c-plane are a workaround but are not a good native tool set.

I covered that. While jettolocal is a good attempt, it is prone to errors with layer setup and such, depending on what you have shown and what is on background layers.

Native support is really what I am after.

nosequenombre
02-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Please...

Rotate UCS.... Rotate the grid...and the model,(or the tools) giving the possibility to work in any angle as if it was orthogonal... Save that setting and jump between different ones to make accurate non orthogonal models...