PDA

View Full Version : ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 AGP Install under XP

meshmaster
02-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Please Help! I bought an All-In-Wonder 9000 AGP Card about 2 days ago, and am having LOTS of trouble on the install. I downloaded many different drivers from ati.com and finally had to go with the newest driver to get the device manager to recognize the card as an ATI 9000 - some of the other drivers had it listed as a generic monitor... The install from the cd had problems, and anyways, doing some tweaking, I think I'm getting there a little by little... Mediacenter now works, and pinnacle finally installed - at first it did not install due to the card not being recognized as ATI... I finally emailed ati with the problem and their response was less than useful - basically the email said something like, "Please visit our website" even though in the email I indicated that I've looked all over their website... anyhoo... this is the latest error that I get in pc check after pc check turns on since the TV button causes an error that makes it turn on....

http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/attachment.php?s=&postid=464652

Anybody have the xp drivers that work with this card on Windows XP or know where I can get em? I checked driverguide.com but nothing useful there...

meshmaster
02-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Last Night, I did some minor surgery on my computer - removed both Nvidia Cards (Elsa Gladiac 511 and the Geforce 2)... after doing that, uninstalling the all monitor drivers, reinstalling the newest driver from ati.com, and doing a "force discovery of TV" when the cables were connected to line in on the All-In-Wonder from the out of the tv, I finally got a signal that I can record... I tried to stick on of the nvidia cards in as secondary, but it caused problems, so I just took it out and put it in my other computer... the nvidia cards are pci, so I think the computer tries to recognize them before it recognizes that agp card... anyways... all is well now EXCEPT the sound is yucky because capturing mpg files, when you lose frames, it seems it gets loss of sound on that frame... which causes problems. Recording to my external drive as temp drive caused loss of frame rate of around 40%... using that as the save drive and my main c: drive as the temp drive caused only frame loss of 1%, but that's still enough frame loss to make sound icky. Guess I need to clean up the C: drive since I only have about 1.7 gigs on it... Anybody know of a way to get sound quality from vhs in to the computer without loss? I'm thinking of trying some sort of freebie special sound recording devices from cnet or something, so I could record the mpg files for the visuals at dvd quality and the sound in a seperate wav file or something... using the ati media center seems to get volume of sound that's ok except for the frame loss - is there a way to get only sound in one recording and only video in another? I know that MGI videowave has something like that, but recording in that (which I got with my old Belkin Videobus) causes loss of volume in the recording for some reason...

Any suggesstions?

By the way, the recording of dvd quality through the All-In-Wonder direct from the coax cable leading to my cable line in is NICE as far as the visual quality of the picture goes, but as mentioned above, sound is the problem...