PDA

View Full Version : Shopping mall - cloudy wheather

ingo
02-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi, i thought it would be time now to make an architectural still without that boring sunny blue sky. So i looked outside my window and decide to rebuild the nice depressive sky. Hope you like it .

riki
02-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Looks good, now for a bit of drama with rain and thunder clouds.

Hervé
02-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Nice project..... cool lighting.... but to tell you, I just cant take (understand going to...) those "designed malls" anymore, from several years now i went back to the old little boutiques.... haaa feel better...

Are you using a HDRI from Dosch design, some of their HDRI's are so .... depressing, I guess German weather is like Luxembourg weather, really..... grey....

Hey Riki, what about the sun of Australia, send us a bit of it...

good work Ingo.. (as always);)

riki
02-02-2004, 12:27 AM
Really odd weather in sydney now, sunny hot blue skies one minute, sudden downpours and thunder the next.

Hervé
02-02-2004, 12:43 AM
.... you're right Riki, indeed it looks like the weather is going "nuts" everywhere....:cool:

veljko
02-02-2004, 01:50 AM
The atmosphere is dead on-, but the little pillars (dont know how else to call them:) ) in the front of the image make the mall look small- It seems its an ant mall:)
small ant mall- this sounds funny:)

ingo
02-02-2004, 02:04 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the comments. And of course my next test in my freetime would be the same with rainy wheather.

Herve, no depressive HDRI's used, just Skytracer, and no Raydiosity too.

Veljko, youre right with those pillars, but they are real size, maybe i should add some people or move the car more into the foreground.

Matt
02-02-2004, 03:26 AM
no radiosity! very well done on the lighting, very realistic if you ask me!

(btw: those pillars are called bollards! :) )

ingo
02-02-2004, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Matt
no radiosity! very well done on the lighting, very realistic if you ask me!

(btw: those pillars are called bollards! :) )

Thanks Matt, monday morning and i even learned something new. I hope they aren't called different in US english.

veljko
02-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Hi-
I think the people or a car would solve the issue-

i would go with that-
:)

ingo
02-04-2004, 01:57 AM
Here comes the sun......

RAZ
02-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Fine image,the first one, Like the sky/mood. I wouldn't spoil it with people or cars in the foreground, the scaling etc looks fine. The bollards look scaled correctly and the car to the side gives you enough reference without distraction. The overall texturing look could be improved but you'd have to start over with all surfaces to raise their game. Obviously a modelled interior would be nice too but if your sticking with this distance from the building it's fine as is. Ka-ching...next.

The second image.......yuck....sorry but god damn...my eye ignores the building and heads straight for the BMW, the sky.....god the sky...NO

ingo
02-04-2004, 02:42 AM
Glad you liked the sky :D I need something to distract from the bad architecture, and a nice sky like that helps a lot.

Hervé
02-04-2004, 05:52 AM
the sky is quiet nice, bu a bit grainy, no? maybe it's my monitor...

BTW, did you try rendering with a higher AA setting to kill those lines on the top front of the building... I think that's a lw issue as well as others too..... but... I remember a site where they showed the difference between renderers, and some of them showed that kind of artifacts, espacially with thin diagonal lines.... but some of them (MR was one of them if I remember) had perfect renders with diagonal lines.... now that should be fixed , mainly for architectural design and the likes.... but how hard would that be...?

I personnaly like the first one better, but that's just a pers POV.....

cheers, Hervé

ingo
02-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Hervé
the sky is quiet nice, bu a bit grainy, no? maybe it's my monitor...

....its not your monitor, its SkyTracer that makes the noise.

ingo
02-07-2004, 02:54 AM
Back again. The client wanted a closeup of the facade to show his client how they want to construct this, so here it is.

pixym
02-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Hi Ingo,

You should add a bevel on the edge of the sidewalk.
Great render as usual.

ingo
02-07-2004, 04:58 AM
Thanks, well yes, when i render it in 10 times the resolution you will see my beveling, i guess 2 mm are not enough :)

Hervé
02-08-2004, 01:08 AM
really cool Ingo.... well sidewalks of Luxembourg all have a min of 1 cm bevel.... well kinda bevel.... maybe a multi bevel with some jitter to the beveled points.... We have a Kaufhof store here....

Jure
02-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Nice work as usual. I like the cloudy pic. It has a nice mood to it. Only the tops of those bollards look a bit bright, like they are lit by some near light or something. Can't realy figure out where it comes from.

The sunny pic is umm... suny :). I don't know it just looks a bit flat, and the sky, well it looks weird - too blury, not enough detail. And the people, I never liked those 2D cut and pasted images anyways...
But I don't wanna critisize too much, because you are like a master to me. I'm just saying this because I know you can do much better than that. :)
Nice surfacing on the glass btw.
That's all,
cheers!

DM67
02-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Cool work ingo,
I love the stained-glass window :D