PDA

View Full Version : Proc Amp problem

dito
01-31-2004, 08:37 PM
I use VT(2) and no matter what I do Proc Amp does not work, there is no change in output or in Tvision. what should I do to make it work?

kleima
01-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Make sure that the "input" on the pro amp is set to the VT input that you want to affect.

dito
01-31-2004, 09:08 PM
when I use input-'Put onto Main in' video is gone from Toaster Vision Pgm Out, all I see is black window

ScorpioProd
01-31-2004, 09:18 PM
You need to drag the "patching tag" from the switcher for the input you want to correct to the proc amp. Then it will affect that input.

Note that if you are looking at "Main In" you won't see any change, cause as the name implies, that's simply "main in". You need to be looking at Program Out and have the input selected in the switcher in order to see the proc amp changing the video.

dito
01-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi Eugene

I have video on Main IN and draged TED tag from Switcher onto the input of Pro Amp but no result. I am looking at Program Out.

kleima
01-31-2004, 09:51 PM
No, I meant right on the Proc Amp. There is a little box labeled Input. Rigth click it and choose which input is set on the proc amp.

dito
01-31-2004, 10:11 PM
I did try that too but no result. Video is comming from ToasterEdit but for some reason Pro Amp does not change the video signal

ScorpioProd
02-01-2004, 12:54 AM
OH, you're coming from ToasterEdit... That's the missing piece of information!

VT[2] proc amps do NOT correct computer sources. VT[3] proc amps CAN correct computer sources.

So, to proc amp VT-Edit output, you need VT[3].

dito
02-01-2004, 05:51 AM
Thanks for this info, I had no idea that it was not able to work with Tedit.

SBowie
02-01-2004, 06:43 AM
If you want to apply proc amp type color correction to the output of an entire VT-Edit project, simply use the color correction spline controls to correct one clip, then create a Toolbox preset to be applied to the entire project.

Jim Capillo
02-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by SBowie
If you want to apply proc amp type color correction to the output of an entire VT-Edit project, simply use the color correction spline controls to correct one clip, then create a Toolbox preset to be applied to the entire project.

He's on VT[2], Steve.....

ScorpioProd
02-01-2004, 09:01 AM
Well, I think VT[2] has the color filter effect, so you could do color correction on an entire project by dropping that filter under it, OR you could make the entire project a subproject, which would then let you color correct all of it at once that way with the edit properties for the subproject.

SBowie
02-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Jim Capillo
He's on VT[2], Steve..... Doh!