PDA

View Full Version : ninja fighter

hairy_llama
03-11-2003, 04:13 PM
let me know what ya think...
Still working on it.

groodwanderer
03-11-2003, 04:31 PM
He looks more arabic than a ninja. The face mask and head covering of a ninja suit are one piece. But the body is looking good.

hairy_llama
03-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Your probably right... I'm not at all sure what its called, but I saw a sketch of somthing that looked like this and it was called ninja :)

J.Barr
03-11-2003, 05:29 PM
http://www.siue.edu/~patchis/ninja.htm
http://theidiocracy.tripod.com/funstuff/ninjamask.html
http://pixstory.com/img/ninja.jpg

:-) JB

Bionic Antboy
03-12-2003, 05:22 PM
That first link with the ninja costume was HILARIOUS!!!! I wouldn't recommend using it as a ninja mask reference, however :)

d8ed
03-12-2003, 07:35 PM
i like the style of the rendering and the model. looks nice.

a couple of minor improvements could be made to the calves and the torso. calves are way too thick and wide as compared to the upper leg. also that huge dent on the side of the leg doesnt look quite right. the torso is also too thick in the Z as compared to the X and could use a bit of thickening in the X as it goes up towards the armpits. by Z and X i mean depth and width. good job.

-g

johnnyh66
03-13-2003, 10:29 AM
I like the style, I think his wrist are to thivk or forearms are to long... something a lil strange there. Looks good though

marble_sheep
03-13-2003, 12:00 PM
looks pretty nice... the muscle definition is well done. The only thing that might be a little odd is the size of his torso. It looks a little small to me. But, it could just be the angle.

Nice job so far.

J.Barr-- those links were hillarious. Thanks for the laughs

hairy_llama
03-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Thanks guys!
I guess I should have let you know that I am going for a cartoon look... thats why the proportions are kinda wacky. I did change the torso some though.
I am rigging it up with ACS4 right now... That plug makes rigging so much less times consuming!

Here is a pic thats a little bit more how I will want the final render to look.

groodwanderer
03-13-2003, 07:48 PM
ummm well I don't know but he doesn't look cartoony to me. I would still work on what everyone said and fix those calves and wrists. Also the head wrap definitely needs to be changed unless maybe this is set in the dessert or something. Keep working on it, it is coming along.

Hurben
03-14-2003, 12:31 PM
I love it!
Damn cool, I can imagine him lying on his stomach in the desert above a cave, with a blade strapped to his back.

Yeah.. fix up those calves, but thats all

hairy_llama
03-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys!

I've done a bunch of work to everything...
Let me know how the new version is, its amazing how hard it is to see problems when you are working on it!
Thanks.

sidewing
03-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Lets call him the Taliban Ninja...

oxyg3n
03-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Hello,

One thing that sticks out to me is the feet. They seem to me that they are pointing inward, especially the toes.

hairy_llama
03-14-2003, 04:35 PM
sidewing, haha :)

oxyg3n, Ok, here are some improved feet :)

groodwanderer
03-14-2003, 07:07 PM
hey he needs some iris's on his eyes, oooh looking more ripped. Nice.:cool:

groodwanderer
03-14-2003, 07:10 PM
I just noticed it but there is some funkyness going on with his shins and knees. Keep it up i like the character. :D :D :D

hairy_llama
03-14-2003, 07:26 PM
"funkyness going on with his shins and knees"
I'm not sure what you mean by that but I tweeked them a little. I've also totally remade the feet because the last ones sucked :) Here is a higher res OGL image...

d8ed
03-14-2003, 07:37 PM
well.. are you even looking at real knees and calves? they're not supposed to stick out like that. and neither are biceps supposed to stick out like that. the're flatter on the sides. leg muscles are way off too.. get an image of a muscular system, and you'll see where the muscles attach and originate from. should help you decide how to shape them. IF and only if you want it to look realistic in that aspect.

edit: forgot to add.. feet and torso look much better.

Locutus
03-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Everyone pretty much made the comments I wouyld give.
He's looking good.
Check 'Smoothing' on your surfaces and then render him again.

hairy_llama
03-14-2003, 10:13 PM
I've toned down the calf muscles some, let me know what you think.

Hurben
03-14-2003, 11:17 PM
I want to see some accesories, . a sword, or a knife.
I'm not bothered about him being muscular correct, I think he's marvellous.

Epita
03-15-2003, 03:20 PM
HA HA HA HA HA

that site rocked, but i should point out on behalf of the rest of us, that real ninjas are not like that (and i have a life how many do i need to steal!)

The model still looks a little off, the calfs are really big, is he on steroids or something (would explain something else too!)

Epita

hairy_llama
03-15-2003, 03:24 PM
"the calfs are really big"

Yeah, thats pretty much the "look"I am going for.
I'm not going for photoreal human proportions but I do wan't to at least have the muscles in pretty much the right places, no neck muscles on feet etc. :)

J.Barr
03-16-2003, 09:48 PM
http://www.entertheninja.com/goodninjabadninja/index.php
http://www.entertheninja.com/

i <3 ninjas

JB:cool:

hairy_llama
03-17-2003, 11:55 AM
Hehe :)

Hopefully sometime soon I'll work on some weapons for him and set him up for animation.