PDA

View Full Version : OT: Triplets of Belleville

TyVole
01-31-2004, 03:43 PM
If you have the chance, try and see this wonderful film. Based on the credits, much of it was done in 3d.

And, I don't know if this is the case everywhere, but where I saw it, it opened with Destino, which by itself was worth the price of admission.

Red_Oddity
01-31-2004, 04:08 PM
BBC showed this animation a month ago...AND I FRIGGIN' MISSED IT! I had the day confused...

takkun
01-31-2004, 05:46 PM
I saw it last week with Destino. Really wonderful, I highly recommend it.

cagey5
01-31-2004, 06:19 PM
I caught it on the BBC. Definitley a lot of 3D elements to it, but more importantly a good storyline well told.
It gave an impression of the best elements of conventional animation but with the benefits of 3D subtley woven in in a way that I doubt the casual viewer would be that aware. And that can only be a good thing.

object
01-31-2004, 07:40 PM
I loved thee film, it's a nice change from Disney. I and a friend of mine thought it was mostly hand drawn.

Titus
01-31-2004, 08:35 PM
This is the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/thetripletsofbellville.html

Vondelman
02-01-2004, 06:58 AM
here's some interesting comments from Sylvain Chomet, the director: http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=pageone&article_no=1923

a quote:

"No, I draw, and it’s drawing that interests me. 3D terrifies me. The idea that, in plasticiene, one of your characters might melt, or that you might have to start all over again from scratch because you’ve knocked against the edge of the table — that’s not for me. If I don’t like a drawing, I simply tear it up and start again. Computer 3D doesn’t interest me; I like a pencil and a piece of paper. That said, what we’ve done in 2D in my film was sometimes treated in 3D “underneath.”"

object
02-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Thank you Vondelman for the link.

BeeVee
02-02-2004, 02:37 AM
Not only is it a fantastic film, and nominated for two Oscars including best Animated film, which I think it deserves more to win than Nemo, even though I really, really liked Nemo, a lot of the 3D was done using LightWave! Look out for a story on our site shortly... :)

B

pixym
02-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Very cute movie,
I have it in French DVD (second zone)