PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Cell Phones

Imatk
01-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Here are some cellphones I just did.

megatron_ssj
01-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Wow looks great. Was this a personal project, or did you do it for them?

adrian
01-31-2004, 02:20 AM
Yeah really clean render. What's your lighting setup? Did you use radiosity?

Adrian.

Imatk
02-02-2004, 01:45 AM
Hey thanks guys, :) No it was a personal project. I actually just got this phone as a gift and I had never modeled a cell phone before so I figured what the hey...

My lighting setup was in two stages actually, but pretty simple.

I rendered the phones with an area light with raytrace shadows and rendered the floor and cylinders with the same area light with less specularity and used background radiosity.

fronzel
02-04-2004, 03:44 PM
excellent work!

I like how you used a texture map for the buttons glow. It looks just like the real thing the way the buttons don't light up perfectly.

I just went through cell phone land myself. This is what I ended up with.
Look for it on tv it's being aired right now until valentines day. I'm geeked about having done a commercial.

Theres two spots actually one the phone sings along with G_love and special sauce. The second spot the phone sings along with outcast.

Both spots were a challenge to animate because the client did't want the phone to move. So they were stuck in the middle with only rotation keyframes to express them selfs. No xyz movment allowed.

These are video resolution. I'll render some shots that are bigger and reveal more of my model for ya.

archimede
02-07-2004, 02:50 PM
oh god, i usualy hate those things. but yours are realy great.

maybe one or two more lights could help to get hoter shadows areas. metal is sooooo cold.. my ear freezes at the idea to use your phones :)

nice work, Imatk.

nb: let s talk about Imatk's picture, fronzel..

chemaelizondo
09-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi, Very nice work!!

How did you create those part lines?
Band saw pro? of Edge bevel? or was it something else?

Cheers

JM

miso popovic
09-28-2004, 02:26 PM
realy nice render! I would dhou use maybe a different background or something to give the whole image a bit more contrast IMHO :) nice detail and texture definition!

Imatk
09-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Heh, that's funny I thought this thread was dead :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

chemaelizondo I'm not sure what lines you are referring to, but to harden up the edges, yeah I used Bandsaw Pro.

chemaelizondo
09-30-2004, 09:03 AM
chemaelizondo I'm not sure what lines you are referring to, but to harden up the edges, yeah I used Bandsaw Pro.

Ok. I refer to the lines between the number keys, I can't imagine how you mande them with band saw pro.

Thanks

JM

Imatk
09-30-2004, 01:22 PM
All the buttons are individually modeled.