PDA

View Full Version : UV Maps and Surface Selections

akota
01-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Hello,

I'm using the 747 object in the Aviation folder from the LW 7.5 cd. I am trying to make a UV map so I can write a logo on the side of the plane. I tried different types of UV maps and none looked right. I wound up just trying an Atlas map, but when I tried to apply the texture using the map I found that the object has several surfaces. How can I choose just one surface, like the fuselage, to make a UV map?

UV maps are tricky for me...

Thanks,

Jason

bloontz
01-30-2004, 05:28 PM
You would generally want to use a map that matches the shape you are trying to map. Cylindrical should be what you want, did that not work for you?

akota
01-30-2004, 08:18 PM
I tried all the options and they all seemed to come out not looking right. Atlas seemed to give the correct map. At any rate, even if the map was correct, I still don't know how to apply it correctly. When I go into surface editor I have to pick a surface to use the map on, but the map was for the whole object. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jason

Ender_McFurious
01-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Get into polygon selection mode, hit "w", scroll down to surface, hit the drop arrow, select the fuselage surface, make your UV. Hope that was what you were asking.