PDA

View Full Version : Undoing Metaform

jjat1
01-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Is there a way to deselect Metaform from an object after you have saved it in that mode and then reloaded the object at a later time.

I would like to work without the Metaform on the object for a while...much easier to see the polygons. - jim

robewil
01-30-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't since once you metaform, you are adding points and polygons and have a different object.

Is there a reason you use metaform instead of sub-patches? Sub-patches give you essentially, the same thing but it is something you can turn on and off.

jjat1
01-30-2004, 07:20 PM
robewil...

Thx for the reply. The reason I used Metaform rather than Sub-patches is because I was doing a tutorial and had to leave at the point where I had just saved the object after looking at it in Metaform. When I came back to the turorial it read: "Now you can remove the Metaform and....". Guess I'll just have to sart at the begining of the turorial and undo the Metaform before I save.

Again, thx. - jim

zecryan
01-30-2004, 07:41 PM
I fing i only use metaform only if i need to export to a different format (like.obj, for object format). I dont know of any reason other than that to use metaform, but i am not a pro.