PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop FilterFactory for filtering LightWave images.

Sensei
03-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Some time ago I heard about LW plug-in which filters images for textures and generated LightWave scene images using standard Photoshop FilterFactory filters (stored in files like *.ffl, *.afs and *.8bf). But from what I was told this is old and working only with LightWave v5.6.

Do you think so that there is sense in creating again this plug-in this time for the latest LightWave versions, v6.0+ (especially v7.0+) ?

If there will be enough feedback we will create such commercial plug-in.

Freak
03-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Sensei:

I did use it a bit back in the day, maybe not so needed now that we have a PSD exporter in LW....

But i do know many people who missed it when it was removed from 5.6.... (like so many other things)

Perhaps you could bug NT for the source code, and port it to 7.5..
I'm not sure who the author was.
But i imagine NT own the code now anyway.....

Good luck!

Sensei
03-12-2003, 09:08 PM
What changes PSD Input-Output plug-in (it's available since at least LightWave v6.5) ?

In any saver, no matter whether it's PSD, PNG or JPEG, you have exactly the same job: you have to save picture(s) to disk and then load to your favourite image processing program and there process image sequence. For large animation it's awaul a lot of job (and multiple loads and saves in different programs).

If there will be FilterFactory ImageFilter plug-in user will be able to process images in the exactly same stage as normal rendering process is done, and also you will be able to process images used for textures (in other case you would have to create and load couple copies of the same image, each with different FilterFactory filter applied).