PDA

View Full Version : tablet users !!!

andromeda_girl
01-29-2004, 11:23 AM
hey!
we tablet users all know we have the upper hand over anyone with a mouse, so why is it LW doesn't really allow us to work more productively with a tablet? we can use a tablet with LW, but now let's make it better...

one example:
at right of the screen in layout, we have the move, rotate and zoom buttons for the view window(s).
if you need to do a lot of moving around, your pen is at the far edge of your tablet and you can't do it, you have to do dozens of tiny itty bitty little strokes. waste of time.

solution:

a pan tool, much like using a middle mouse button for panning within the image area: in digital fusion, the pan and zoom tool are all activated by a 3 button mouse/pen and so let's have it work the same darned way in LW cuz it's a real fast efficient way to do this stuff.

OR allow people to move the buttons to the left. that alone gives room.

i'd still prefer DF style zoom and pan features. a decent pen has 3 buttons just like a decent mouse does. it's there for a rerason- to be used and to improve productivity.

actually, even a mouse user would have to agree this would be a nice feature for them too.

so: is this already possible?
let me know cuz it's annoying and all that, thanks.
~A.

ingo
01-29-2004, 11:49 AM
hey !

I have no problem with that, i simply use the keyboard (Alt, CTRL) and the pen for that. Me thinks i should test to put the ALT-key on one of the pen-buttons.

wacom
01-29-2004, 12:50 PM
I vote for improvement as well! I don't know how hard it would be...but I'd love it!

CB_3D
01-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by andromeda_girl
at right of the screen in layout, we have the move, rotate and zoom buttons for the view window(s).
if you need to do a lot of moving around, your pen is at the far edge of your tablet and you can't do it, you have to do dozens of tiny itty bitty little strokes. waste of time.

~A.

you can already pan and rotate the perspective without the buttons.

andromeda_girl
01-29-2004, 03:37 PM
ok, so i see i can pan with the alt key but not pan in a perspective window.
how's that done???

evenflcw
01-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Shift+Alt to pan in perspective

ingo
01-30-2004, 01:55 AM
...oh, and before you ask, CTRL+Alt to zoom in perspective.