PDA

View Full Version : Demos-Joint Move and Tip Move in action

WilliamVaughan
01-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Two new Bone Editing Videos from LightWave Eight.

Joint Move Part 2: 6 meg
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/LW8Demos/jointmove2.avi

Tip Move: 6meg
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/LW8Demos/tipmove.avi

Exper
01-29-2004, 09:46 AM
These "new bones" are driving me mad!
Well done Peter! :D

Bye.

liquidik
01-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Now you make me feel like LW 7.5 was very old...

Please, just don't make us play with this new toys too late :p

Exper
01-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Hoping... they'll be soon completely Lscript-able.

Cheers!

WilliamVaughan
01-29-2004, 09:55 AM
wait till you see teh videos for tomorrow :)

Exper
01-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Ok... I'll get up at dawn! :rolleyes:

Gui Lo
01-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Proton,

Fantastic!!

With each video you show that LW8 is going to be a huge leap from our LW7.5.

Gui Lo

TSpyrison
01-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by proton
wait till you see teh videos for tomorrow :)

Thats just mean...

You plan on running out of things to demo before its released? :)

prospector
01-29-2004, 10:31 AM
With all these demos of everything that's working...could you show a demo of what ISN'T working and holding up the release?
From what were seeing, it's ALL working:D

badllarma
01-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by prospector
With all these demos of everything that's working...could you show a demo of what ISN'T working and holding up the release?
From what were seeing, it's ALL working:D

Great minds think alike Prospector :D I've been thinking the same, 6 weeks now in beta testing surely we cannot be that far away :rolleyes:

Exper
01-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by TSpyrison
You plan on running out of things to demo before its released? :) Maybe they're waiting till Proton will be completely and insanely screen-grabbing every LW[30] tool! :o

Holy Proton the Saint!

Kvaalen
01-29-2004, 11:44 AM
The new bone tools that have been demoed the last couple days are really cool.

I just want you to know that the videos are much appreciated even if I (and I'm sure many others too) don't say it in every new thread (I'd have to copy paste from the day before and I don't see the point).

I can't wait for tomarrows videos! :D

prospector
01-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Maybe they're waiting till Proton will be completely and insanely screen-grabbing every LW[30] tool!

AHH HAA !!!!

Soooo, it's all Protons fault:)
He grabbed the Master CD and took it and is playing at home untill he demos everything.;)

Proton...get that Master CD back to the office!!!!!
We're waiting:D

WilliamVaughan
01-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by prospector
AHH HAA !!!!

Soooo, it's all Protons fault:)
He grabbed the Master CD and took it and is playing at home untill he demos everything.;)

Proton...get that Master CD back to the office!!!!!
We're waiting:D

Darn it...I've been found out.....they'll have to pry it from my dead hands ...mwuahahahahahahah

hrgiger
01-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Proton, a while back you mentioned a secret tool that had not been shown yet. Perhaps it's been shown in the last month or so already but I'm just curious, is there anything yet in Lightwave 8 that we don't know about?

Great work on the videos, I can't wait to see whatever you have in store for us tomorrow.

Karmacop
01-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah, maybe Proton could tell us how many big features haven't been publicized yet :D

Gui Lo
01-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Is Proton saving something big back for the launch?

What could it be after what he has already shown?

RTrendering support or super fast radiosity?

Vertex Paint becomes a true texture painter.

Hmmm...

Gui Lo

jamesl
01-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Thanks for throwing us a 'bone'...

j

lede
01-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Great demo. Now if only I had a character to bone when LW8 is released. Mabie some day but until then I'll just keep watching these great vids.

-Lede

cresshead
01-30-2004, 06:24 AM
love the vids...

i hope that the dem version of lightwave 8 has some saving capability in layout and that the watermark isn't so obtrusive like the check pattern well have currently so that there is more people willing to spend lime learning on a more "mayaPLE, xsi experience style version"...that way artists trying out lightwave 8 will get a better feel for it and buy a full version...i'm hoping that newtek restrict the render size of the demo version and make it savable plus open up more formats for images for use as textures and maybe make a unique file format for objects for use in the demo version.....

the more people that are converted to a full commercial version, the more cash for newtek and more cash make a better product for lightwave 8.5 or lightwave 9 etc....

what doy ou think?