PDA

View Full Version : Fire Dragon

Digital Junkie
01-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Well its been a while since I posted anything anywhere, but I just had to share this whith somebody. This started out as just messing around with a dragon I modeled a while back, and actually turned into something. Hope you like.

Rich
01-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Looks pretty cool! Would be cooler if you had a fireball coming from the dragon's mouth.

etobiason
01-29-2004, 12:34 PM
Yeah, either a fireball or the threat of one...like a reddish light coming out...

it's way cool!

ACLOBO
01-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I like this image as well. My only complaint really is that I wish it were a little lighter. IT is just a little too dark for my taste. Overall, the composition is pretty good as well. I would also have to agree with the previous two posts and say that I would like a menacing glow from the dragon's mouth. This could be done well enough in photoshop or another paint program.

Overall, good work!

-Adrian

MorituriMax
01-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Verry nice... reminds me of Elmore's work.

veljko
01-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Hi-
I agree with the above remarks-
The problem of a dark image is multyplied by the white background most of us have in our web browsers- This makes a dark image even darker-
So i would defenitly brighten it up a bit!

otherwise, nice atmosphere and a cool pic!

etobiason
01-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Now that it's been mentioned...yeah, the darkness... I like it dark, but it could be lighter... instead of dark grey, maybe the sky could be a little more saturated, a midnight blue... could be nice behind the red dragon and the smoke would stand out more....

I think you should be able to see that everyone's critiques are stylistic, like a art class, because the image is so good it begs these kinds of conceptual comments....

Digital Junkie
01-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Wow guys thanks for the inspiring feedback! I have been wrestling back and forth with the lighting in this seen. I think one issue is my monitor gamma is to bright so images that look good on it look too dark on other monitors. I've tried calibrating it but I dont think it helped too much (any suggestions?) Anyway it was hard to light this scene as I wanted it to be a dark night with most of the lighting coming from the fire. Oh yah there is a little 'glow' coming from the dragons mouth, but perhaps it could be lighter, more menicing. I think that im going to include this in another image as a background element, so I'll try to make improvements reflecting your comments. Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it.

PS MorituriMax Thanks for the comment though I wish I could ever be that good, Elmore is one of my favorite fantasy artists!

Hiraghm
01-30-2004, 08:18 PM
I have the same gamma problem on my main LW machine, so I try to remember to add the gamma image filter to the scene and set it somewhere between 1.5 and 1.8.

adrian
01-31-2004, 02:25 AM
How about a bigger picture? Looks really good.

Is that real fire or HVs?

Adrian.

Ramon
01-31-2004, 07:44 PM
I really like the glow that's coming up from beneath the dragon from "the fire down below" :D I also like the scene and your positioning of the dragon.
The dragon looks pretty cool. I'd like to see it in more detail (closer to camera). I'm almost finshed with the dragon that I have been working on for awhile and am about to create a scene for him.
Have you animated this dragon?
Good job and keep up the great work.

DM67
02-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Excellent work, perhaps the tower is lost too in the darkness, however it cool :cool: