PDA

View Full Version : Toast 03 Door Prize Donations - Help Needed

silver fox
03-11-2003, 09:08 AM
TO: This letter is directed to the entire NewTek Community

SUBJECT: Toast 03 Door Prize Donations - Help Needed

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE SO YOU MAY UNDERSTAND THE STATUS OF OBTAINING DOOR PRIZES FOR TOAST 03

1. My Medical Status

Yes I am still around, but not in very good shape medically. On December 22, 2002, I was struck with a very severe case of degenerative cervical disk arthritis mainly in the two disks located between the adamís apple and the collar bones. During this time period I have been in total agony, I havenít been able to sleep in my regular bed, instead I have
only been able to sleep in my La-Z-Boy Recliner.

It has taken a total of 9 doctors from then until two weeks ago to determine the total extend of the damage and the proper course of treatment.

During this time period, the doctors have taken MRIs and X-Rays (about 10 pounds worth) and have put me on every known pain medication available thru the pharmacies.

I have been in so much pain that I havenít been able to sit at my computer for than a minute or so at a time. I think that I can honestly say the my pain has been greater than that of a hundred women giving natural birth at the same time.

As far as the remedy, I will have surgery this next Tuesday, March 11. A neurosurgeon will remove both disks in my neck (between C5 & C6 and between C6 & C7). He will replace the disks with bone at the rear section and a metal plate in the front area.

Iím not looking forward to another surgery but right now Iíll welcome this surgery if it gets rid of my constant pain.

This new problem requiring the surgery on March 11 is not my only medical problem I am being treated for:

a. Three herniated disks in my lower back
b. Diabetes Type II
c. Bouts of High Anxiety Deep Depression
d. Degenerative Arthritis in most of my joints
e. Previous Surgery Ė Removal of my Prostate due to cancer

2. Toast 03 Door Prize Collections

As far as Toast 03 goes, my step-dad and my mom have recently arrived from Oregon and will be staying here through NAB. So I now have someone who can send out my emails to obtain the door prizes for this yearís Toast 03. I know my medical problems have put me well behind the 8-ball on getting this done, but we will give it our best shot.

My surgeon has told me that if all goes well, I should be able to be back on the computer myself for short periods of time; maybe 30 minutes or so at a time depending on how I feel..

3. Toast 03 Support from Users, Dealers, 3rd Party Developers and Vendors

HELP!!!

Due to my unforeseen medical problems and required surgery, I could really use your assistance this year in collecting the door prizes.

Last year I was able to contact around 50 potential donors with 19 actual donors for a total of about 120 donations. The total value of the donations for Toast 02 was somewhere around $15,000 to $18,000.

If you or your company intend to donate any item or items for Toast 03, please contact me directly either through email, snail mail, or by phone. By you contacting me, it will save me a great amount of time trying to contact everyone on this years potential list of over 200 donors.

a. Remember, since I live in Las Vegas, you can send your donation(s) directly to me at the address below. ((NOTE: For me, this is by far the easiest way to handle getting the door prizes to the party room.))
b. Last year some donors hand carried their donations to the party room; for those of you who would prefer this method, then I ask that you email me a list of your donations.
c. Also last year, some of you wanted to donate gift certificates; while these were much appreciated, I had to design and print them. Iím sorry, but this year due to my surgery, if you still want to donate a gift certificate, Iím asking that you have someone in your company make them up and either email or mail them to me.

If you have any questions or just want to discuss things about the party, give me a call at 702-839-1076. However please donít call on March 11, 12 or 13. Iíll be in the hospital for my surgery.

As a side note, due to being completely laid up for the past 12 weeks, and with an estimated recovery period of 6 to 12 months, it is needless to say that my Silver Fox Video company will be on hold. When and or if I am able to restart the business, it will be from scratch.

Ron Gratreaks
Silver Fox Video
Toast 03 Door Prize Coordinator
5501 Green Willow Street
Las Vegas, NV 89130-1647
1-702-839-1076
[email protected]

:confused:

ted
03-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks Ron. So sorry to hear of your situation.

I'll second that if anyone would like to donate prizes, please do so ASAP. Ron did a fantastic job last year and I hope we can help him, help us, with this endeavor. It's no small undertaking.

I'm glad to have you back my friend! And I wish you well on the your surgery!

bbeanan
03-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Ron;

I'm new to the toaster world (I got my Toaster back in Sept.) but I live in Vegas as well (about 4 miles from the address you posted) I will be at NAB every day from day 1 of set-up so if you need any help let me know via email.

Eric Pratt
03-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Get well soon Ron. And if anyone sending in prizes or prize confimations could cc at [email protected] so I can put it up on the toast page:
http://www.virtualsetworks.com/Toast03.htm