PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm Maybe the Toaster already does this but...

INOV8Pro
01-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey all:

After doing a few live switching events I was wondering...wouldn't it be nice to use Toaster Vision to watch all of my sources. Example, the toaster has preview bus, main, and key. If I have three cameras as inputs I can only watch two at any one time, one on the preview and one on the main/program out. But the third camera is invisible to me.(Unless I have my external monitors) Now I can switch to it on the preview buss but that takes time and I might miss what's happening on the unseen camera. Why not have Toaster Visions that can be assigned to an input and you would be able to drag and drop from the BOB just like you do the switcher. Hmmm...maybe it can already do this and I don't know how. Hmmm...

Paul

SBowie
01-27-2004, 12:17 PM
It would be nice, but while the SX-8 has numerous inputs, the VT with daightercard really only provides two - which are of course used as program and preview. Some use a multi-display monitor with loopthrough before the SX-8, in much the same way you'd do that with an analog switcher like an MX-50....

INOV8Pro
01-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Thanks Steve