PDA

View Full Version : PhotoShop to DVD conversion

sward
01-27-2004, 10:51 AM
What change to I need to make to a photoshop file so that when played back via video, it will look correct? Right now, I am saving .jpg files, but when pulled up via TMPG's DVD authoring program, the image is distorted.

Thanks,
Scott

Beamtracer
01-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Video stretches images.

How much and in what direction depends on whether you're using the NTSC (US) or PAL (European) televisions standard, and whether it is normal or widescreen.

What you've gotta do is stretch (or squeeze) your image in the opposite direction to compensate.

The newest Photoshop CS has tools that can assist with this (if you can put up with it checking all your images to see if there is any counterfeit money there).

sward
01-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks Bt!

I tried scaling the Y pixels by .9, but when displayed in the DVD authoring program (TMPGEnc) and consequently on the DVD itself, it didn't appear to be quite enough. So, for (NTSC) was wondering what the formula was to display the graphics on NTSC Video with the same aspect as on the pc?

Again, thanks for your response,

Scott

JamesCurtis
01-27-2004, 10:04 PM
I find that scaling to 86 or 87 percent to work very well. As you said, .9 was close but not enough.

Jim.

sward
01-28-2004, 06:13 AM
It appears that in TMPGEnc DVD program, you have to use a picture formatted to a similar aspect ratio of 640x480 or in my case 200x150. Once I expanded the canvas to size the picture accordingly, it worked fine. I was just hoping to insert the picture without all of the border????

Thanks all,