PDA

View Full Version : SX-8 and Alpha out

RRMVT3
01-27-2004, 07:45 AM
I stressed.

Today we bay sx-8 and I not can use Alpha out and not work synchronization (Genlock in and loop).

1. Video is dragged (not synchro). I use Black Burst out from external videomixer and connect to VT Genlock in.
2. From Alpha out not be video signal (Alpha key)

My VT3 configuration Dual Xeon 2.8GHz, RAM 1Gb, HDD 120Gb, RAID-0 SCSI 130Gb VT3 card + SX-8 BOB (without Genlock card)

Help me!

Can I use Alpha out in SX-8 and put CG or animation with Alpha with external DSK of Mixer to Video?

What use and configure Alpha out ?

Paul Lara
01-27-2004, 08:53 AM
The Genlock in connector is not useable without first attaching the optional Genlock daughter card.

As for Alpha out, that is not yet operational.

RRMVT3
01-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Can I use VT3 (with Genlock card) for generate Genlock signal ?

Can I use VT3 (with Genlock card) for sincronization external device throught Genlock signal without external Genlock generator?

bradl
01-28-2004, 09:04 AM
The GenLock Option card is designed to receive Genlock from exteranal source (i.e. Sync Generator or House Black) and genlock the VT to it. You can then set the various Genlock timing settings in prefereces. Now the VT output will be genlocked to your 'house' and can be used without sync problems, like on a production switcher.

The Genlock card does not output Genlock for other gear, in other words, it is not designed to be used as an external Sync Generator. However you could use the composite out of your VT to supply Genlock to other devices, but it is generally not recommended for long term setup, because of inherit instability of computer video (like when rebooting...).

RRMVT3
02-04-2004, 01:37 AM
Thank You!
I'll try it.

eon5
02-06-2004, 07:51 AM
Can I use Alpha out -without SX-8- and put CG or animation with Alpha to the Hardware_Mixer's external DSK ?

Is there any way to do it, or i must buy another videoboard to use it like CG !?!?!?

I NEED to use VT-CG with a Hardware MIxer !

please heeeeeeeeeeeeelppppppppppppppppppppppppppp !

eon5
02-06-2004, 01:49 PM
DELETE ME !

bradl
02-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Looks like your got you answer, but to reiterate, Alpha out is not yet operational. They are working on this and it will be operational some day, hopefully sooner than later...

eon5
10-10-2004, 09:28 AM
The Genlock in connector is not useable without first attaching the optional Genlock daughter card.

As for Alpha out, that is not yet operational.

No, the alpha/preview choice is only available on the new VTPro card.

So what ?
i buy a SX8 without alpha support but with alpha connector ? :confused:

WHY NOT NEWTEK PRINT IN "FEATURES"
ALPHA CHANNEL ONLY AVAILABLE WHIT VT4 BOARD. :mad: