-jonn

WilliamVaughan
01-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Had to show another option for split bone that is just awesome:

Split Bone part 2: 3 meg
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/LW8Demos/bonesplit2.avi

Karmacop
01-27-2004, 07:42 AM
These new bone tools are simply amazing and a major reason I'll be getting LW8. Great work! :)

Exper
01-27-2004, 07:47 AM
Awesome!

Macet01
01-27-2004, 07:57 AM
This just isn't fair. I can't play these videos at work.....so I have to wait all day till I get home. It's just not right. It just isn't fair. I think that I am going to cry!!!! :D

mix
01-27-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Macet01
This just isn't fair. I can't play these videos at work.....so I have to wait all day till I get home. It's just not right. It just isn't fair. I think that I am going to cry!!!! :D

I agree, Would it be to much to zip these vid's up for download.
Thanks for the sneekpeeks proton:D

samartin
01-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Can't wait to get my hands on LW8 now, just hope no gimbal lock is a problem anymore.

Thanx to you proton for taking time out at home etc... producing vid's for us LW'ers...

BTW zipping the vid's up prob. won't make difference to the filesize, as vid's are generally quite highly compressed nowadays. I could be wrong tho'...

mix
01-27-2004, 08:58 AM
Oh hehe, file size isn't the problem for me.
The admin for the network here at my job has made it so we can't download or view avi's or quicktime movies over the net, what an a$$hole, so if its zipped up I can download unpack and watch it.
sorry for the missunderstanding:o

badllarma
01-27-2004, 09:01 AM
Oh My God !!
those tools are just GREAT :D
cannot wait to get my hands on them

lede
01-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Nice demo Proton. I'm glad to see your still giving us demo vids! LW8 is definatly looking good now.

-Lede

meatycheesyboy
01-27-2004, 10:16 AM
What I've been wondering is this, can layout bones be exported back ro modeller as skelegons again? Otherwise it seems like you have to choose either one or the other, new skelegon tools or new layout bone tools but you won't be able to use both which would be a shame.

Example, you set up an arm and you setup several joint morphs then you export it to layout. In Layout you decide you need more bones so you split them into more. Now you need to go back and tweak your morphs but you need your newly created bones to be present in modeller to do so. Can you do that?

Kvaalen
01-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Cool new tools!

Originally posted by meatycheesyboy
What I've been wondering is this, can layout bones be exported back ro modeller as skelegons again? Otherwise it seems like you have to choose either one or the other, new skelegon tools or new layout bone tools but you won't be able to use both which would be a shame.

Example, you set up an arm and you setup several joint morphs then you export it to layout. In Layout you decide you need more bones so you split them into more. Now you need to go back and tweak your morphs but you need your newly created bones to be present in modeller to do so. Can you do that?

This already is possible in a way. There is a plugin here that does that (called load bones):
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dslib/bone-e.html

thekho
01-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Split Bone and Joint Move looks cool. I'm very pleased to see new LW 8 Layout which looks very impressive!

Earl
01-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Really lookin' forward to playing with these new tools! :D

hrgiger
01-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks Proton, I'm downloading them now. I really look forward to these videos every day after work. They certainly take the edge off my appetite for LW8. Well, somewhat....

sire
01-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by hrgiger
Thanks Proton, I'm downloading them now. I really look forward to these videos every day after work. They certainly take the edge off my appetite for LW8. Well, somewhat....
Could very well also work the opposite way... :)