PDA

View Full Version : what about http://www.ssontech.com/index.html

Hervé
01-26-2004, 11:46 PM
what about http://www.ssontech.com/index.html

hello, some time ago, someone mentionned this tracking app.... so far, has anyone had a chance to use it or buy it... it says on the site it could track in no time what Boujou would not even track.... hard to believe.... too godd to be true...?

Later, Hervé

pixelranger
01-27-2004, 01:00 AM
I've used it in production and it is very true! SynthEyes Rulez!
I sat strugling in Boujou for a whole day with a difficult bluescreen shot, brought it into SynthEyes, pressed the Automatic track button (to test it) and WHAM, 2 mins later I had my kamera, trackers and their paths in the 3d viewports.

And yes it seems to good to be true. But it isn't.

pixelranger
01-27-2004, 01:04 AM
And one more thing. Russ Andersson (the guy who writes it) is a really great guy!
I emailed him with a question of whether he had plans to make an exporter to AE. The next day I got a reply from him with a script he had written so that I could export to AE (using AE's limited Maya-import capabilities to import the camera and trackers). Worked like a charm!!
All the other emails I've sent him he's answered within a couple of hours. Now THATS what I call Support!!

Hervé
01-27-2004, 01:09 AM
what I think was NT should have contacted this person to include it in LW8 or to replace that DXF deal with Synteyes deal.... there I would have upgraded o LW already....

Well thanks for the infos PixelRanger, .... indeed it looks terrific.... I've e-mailed Realviz, but got no answers.... I think they start sweating....... sigh....!

thanks, hervé

richardo
01-27-2004, 01:58 AM
I can second that................synthEyes is an amazing piece of software and for only $350 you just can'nt go wrong if you need to track footage............

And compared to other trackers it really is much faster. It even lets you enter known survey points to get very accurate matches, its soooo easy.........................

Hervé
01-27-2004, 02:49 AM
incredible.... really.... I still dont get why soooo much power for a little price when major stuff does not look so powerful and it's very pricey....

I thought more people would come here to share their pov, but apparently no....

labuzz
01-27-2004, 04:20 AM
"...replace that DXF deal with Synteyes deal... there I would have upgraded o LW already.... "

Same thing here!

Hervé
01-27-2004, 06:39 AM
You see NT, 2 people already..

OK, together... we want a new deal ! we want a new deal !

hairy_llama
01-27-2004, 09:43 AM
This is indeed an amazing piece of software for the money. I have used realviz matchmover before and this Synteyes does just as good of a job. Like pixelranger's experiance, It took a couple of minutes for me to get a perfect track of a human on a green screen.

Hervé
01-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Hairy_llama, I've been to the Realviz forum to read U there... ha ha, well shot.... have U seen the answer.... basically I says nothing else than Our app is a Porsche and synteyes is a Bicycle.....

pixelranger
01-30-2004, 01:14 AM
And now SynthEyes was upgraded again. I totally love this guy (Russ Andersson). -In a non-homosexual way, that is :p

This is a snippet of the new features/fixes:

SynthEyes Build 2004.0.1008 available 29 Jan 2004.

Scripts:
The current versions of the SIZZLE export scripts are provided below. If you have trouble with an export, be sure to try the latest update in case the issue has already been resolved.

Released:
max3ds.szl 3ds max 6 exporter*
max3ds5.szl 3ds max 5 exporter*
maya.szl Maya
lwave.szl Lightwave
hasham.szl Hash Animation:Master
inferno.szl Inferno, Flame
plncam.szl Plain Ascii Text of camera path
plntrk.szl Plain Ascii Text of tracker positions Beta --- Let us know if you use them, successfully or otherwise!
afterfx.szl Adobe After Effects, via AE's special Maya camera import option..
combust.szl Discreet Combustion
flair.szl Mark Roberts Motion Control FLAIR motion-control cameras
dotXSI.szl Softimage dotXSI file - EARLY WORK IN PROGRESS * There is a configuration setting at the beginning of the max3ds.szl script to select 3ds max 5 or 3ds max 6 exports. The scripts are otherwise the same.

Also Ram issues when working with LARGE cineon shots have been adressed as well as a lot of other fixes/enhancements.

I totally second for NT to make a deal with Andersson Technologies even though I have bought the LW8-DFX deal and allready own SynthEyes.
I think this would be a major opportunity for NT to support and break (even more) into the community within film and vfx.

Hervé
01-30-2004, 01:19 AM
Sorry for the mistake .... read " he says" and not "I say"

Hervé
01-30-2004, 01:22 AM
Yes PixelRanger, and Imagine if it was totally integrated inside the LW8.5..... this would be killaaaaa !

matd
01-30-2004, 04:50 AM
for sure!
newtek should be talking to this guy - LW+matchmover would be an amazing combination!

hairy_llama
01-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Herve,
Yep, i did read his reply, it was rather funny :)
All he could say was that realviz interface is nicer for $6,000 more :)

Hervé
01-31-2004, 01:42 AM
That's what I thought.... he he... but now what about the future of such company, I mean MatchMover was their big income.... I wonder what owners of Boujou or MatchMover are thinking..... are they scared... ? I sure will be if I was the CEO of Realviz....

they told me a long ago (realviz) that matchmover was expensive coz the dev team was pretty huge and the time of dev was big also... should I call them liars or good business man ?

SamuraiSlayer
02-01-2004, 01:27 PM
i havent used syntheyes but i will say that LW8 would sell a lot more if they included a motion-tracking program with it, and it looks like everyone wants SynthEyes. DFX can do motion tracking and i tried but its WAY too complicated and time-consuming

hairy_llama
02-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Digital Fusion does 2d motion tracking, syntheyes does 3d tracking...

SamuraiSlayer
02-01-2004, 02:45 PM
oh yea... fergot

SYNTHEYES!!!
RIGHT NOW!!!

:):p