PDA

View Full Version : Multimedia Presentations

Lude
01-26-2004, 04:47 PM
I started these a while ago but now there altogether in one page. They show the processes of recycling different materials.

http://www.netramedia.com/client/sims/solutions2/library.asp

Just one plant not created in lightwave the elv one, everything else is.

What ya think Lude.

SamuraiSlayer
01-26-2004, 08:50 PM
i remember seeing it here before

neat :)

pauland
01-27-2004, 02:16 AM
Lude, it's the best presentation I've seen of it's kind, though I have to wince every time I see the non-existent word 'sortation'.
Your renders, the flash and the whole concept is top-notch though.

Paul

Lude
01-27-2004, 02:25 AM
Cheers guys.

You don't see this sort thing to often created in lightwave (i think), so that's why i post them.

Lude. :p

Juhan
01-27-2004, 10:31 AM
i remember the thread when you did those, you had problems with 2 point polys and you didn't know how to get rid of them.

cool anyway

Lude
01-27-2004, 10:58 AM
LOL that was me for sure.

adrian
01-27-2004, 12:22 PM
That's a very good presentation indeed. I take it you used Flash? Or that LW plugin that you can use with Flash (I forget its' name).

Adrian.

Hervé
01-27-2004, 11:36 PM
absolutly super giant...!! really cool presentation ! I have to say that I am not to fan of recycling process, but it was like a video game, very fun to watcheven though you're not concerned...!! great Job !

Lude
01-28-2004, 03:53 AM
Thanks guys,

I used swift 3d and flash MX. What was produced between Lightwave and swift went through allot of cutting up and reworking in MX to get the file size as low as possible.

I have one question, you guy's talk about "PRESNTATION" as in 1 but there are 7 of them in total. I just want to check that's made obvious from the page there on or it will need changed?

Lude.

pauland
01-28-2004, 03:56 AM
After your comment I revisited the site and realised I'd only gone to the first presentation. Your site is even better than I first thought. I don't think there's a problem with the site at all. If you are worried that people might look at one presentation then no more, you could perhaps have a 'next presentation' link to push them on, though I think it's fine as it is.

It's definitely raised the bar for this kind of application.

Paul

Lude
01-28-2004, 04:23 AM
Thanks pauland.

I'm going to make this clearer for every one :)

There are 7 presentations but the plant in the first one called ELF Presentation was not created by me.

ALL other plants, 6 in total were created in lightwave.

ALL wireframe animations are a combination of Lightwave and Swift 3D.

;)

Hervé
01-28-2004, 07:10 AM
he he.... I've been to all of them...; very good work....

flashover
01-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Very cool!:) :cool:

GuZ
01-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Very good work!
I did a presentation on Car recycling for a company in The Netherlands, but compared to yours it's kinda crappy! ;)

Check it out if you want to...

http://www.3dlego.com/pivot/english/start.html

It's for a CD-ROM so the files are not optimized for the web...

Lude
01-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Hay GuZ that's really cool.

Can i ask how long you worked on it for and did you create all the 3d and flash.

I really like the diffent levels you can look at.

Did you track the red click dots to the model rotation by hand? I've done rotations like that of buildings in flash but didn't have any active areas.

GuZ
01-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Well I created all the flash, and yes - the red dots are tracked by hand.
As far as the 3D the model was made by another guy since we had a tight deadline - the whole presentation was made in a month!

I rendered out the camera angles though...

Here's the "real" link for the presentation, with all videoclips included:

http://www.arn.nl/engels/2praktijk/222.php

RAZ
01-29-2004, 01:42 AM
It's looks as though it's good, particularly the 'Bob the Builder' style model renders, but I have to say, by the second, third or was it the fourth 'loading' progress bar I lost interest. I was perhaps disillusioned by those graphics when I really wanted to see those opening renders animated. I want to see Bob loading up the plant with stuff and it all moving along the conveyer ;) . Now that would be cool...sing along..."Bob the Builder, CAN HE FIX IT, Bob the Builder, YES HE CAN....":D

pauland
01-29-2004, 02:05 AM
In this case, it would be, Bob the unbuilder - he can dismantle it...

Lude
01-29-2004, 02:18 AM
YES HE CAN