PDA

View Full Version : screamernet and PFX problems

3dgirl
01-25-2004, 11:21 PM
is there some deal with screamernet and hypervoxels/ particle FX cos only my local computer is rendering my particle FX and the others, while rendering the rest of the scene fine are missing those.

do i need to save off motion files from my PFX in order for the other computers to calculate them correctly?

TyVole
01-26-2004, 06:39 AM
Yes, you need to save your particle motions. And make sure all machines have access to those files.

3dgirl
01-26-2004, 02:09 PM
hmm, i have about 50 PFX files- is there no quicker way than going through each one individually and saving the motion?

also, i couldn't ever use FX start as it made Lightwave crash EVERY time, but it always seemed to update itself after I fiddleds with the settings in the PFX file and hit render, then abort everythng would seem to move to it's new position so i never had to use FX start. can someone explain this to me?

3dgirl
01-26-2004, 02:51 PM
ok- i have a BIG problem now: i open my scene, i open a PFX item property panel, i double click on the FX emitter and CRASH- every time. though i used to do this all the time no problem, the only thing i may have done differently is relinked my plugins in a new directory, but now i have gone back to the old one and it's still crashing.

when i do a test- blank scene, add HVemitter, and open the FX emitter panel there is no crash but all the options are greyed out and i can't do anything- what's going on??!!!

Noclar7
01-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 3dgirl
hmm, i have about 50 PFX files- is there no quicker way than going through each one individually and saving the motion?

This one is kinda tricky and took me a while to figure out as well, but if you open the FXBrowser panel, just click save beside the start button and it will automatically save all your files to your content directories root.

As for your new found problems, I would rescan all your plugs, reboot thing again. Your scene may acting up because of too many HV particles as well. this can be really drastic if you have previews on for your FX as well.

good luck

3dgirl
01-26-2004, 04:24 PM
yay finally working- thank you! closed down lightwave deleted all CFG's relinked all plugins- and my PFX were working normally again (except that my birds have all moved upwards slightly and inexplicably- but i can work with that), did the save thing which is a great tip- thanks! screamer render and voila it works!! thanks!!

3dgirl
01-26-2004, 04:47 PM
uh oh- spoke too soon, a bit later in the scene things using hypervozels didn't show up, now I'm guessing i need to save all the hypervoxels in the same manner, but when i go into the hypervoxels panel and hit the save button, i seem to only be able to do them individually one at a time, or is there some trick to this too?