PDA

View Full Version : screen rendering

jamesvalue
01-25-2004, 06:03 AM
Hi people !

Does anybody knows how to renders properly a Pc monitor's screen , within Ligthwave 3d?

Even a non-lightwave tutorial is welcome!

Bye

mkiii
01-25-2004, 05:08 PM
What exactly are you trying to do?

If you mean to have an animated surface with something happening on screen, then just load an avi or an image sequence & use that as the texture map for the screen surface.

Make the screen display luminous with no specular or reflection & place a transparant glass screen in front of that to catch reflections & highlights. Make sure the glass is quite thick, and have the screen surrounded by a black mask..... well you know what a monitor looks like - you have one in front of you.

jamesvalue
01-26-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by mkiii
What exactly are you trying to do?

If you mean to have an animated surface with something happening on screen, then just load an avi or an image sequence & use that as the texture map for the screen surface.

Make the screen display luminous with no specular or reflection & place a transparant glass screen in front of that to catch reflections & highlights. Make sure the glass is quite thick, and have the screen surrounded by a black mask..... well you know what a monitor looks like - you have one in front of you.

Hi and tanks mkiii!

What i wish to get is only a decent screen rendering in just a static image.

this is more or less my target image
http://www.turbosquid.com/HTMLClient/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/169000/Action/FullPreview

I already tried to increase the screen luminosity (basically an image map over a flat quad) but this doesn't help .
Luminosity only increase the general image's brightness whithout giving (as I aspected) thath sense of pixel's self-illumination I'm looking for.

Maybe a map on the luminosity channel willl help.

I don't know!

Thanks again Luka