PDA

View Full Version : Toast 03 - NAB Event

ted
03-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Here's the info on this years Toast 03

The event is on Monday, April 7th, 2003. From 6pm-11:45pm
Las Vegas MGM. Premier Ballroom # 311 (This is in the main Convention Hall on Koval Lane).

For questions or suggestions, e-mail me at [email protected]

Please send any Prize Donation info to [email protected]

Traditionally there is a lot of useful information about NewTek Products shared at this event, not just the Toaster. Dan Ablan has offered to give a LightWave demo if we can get him a workstation. Eric Pratt will be showing off his Franken Toaster as well as Chroma Key and Effects demos. Lee Stranahan will give a great Toaster overview as will Paul Laura.

Countless Toaster veterans will be there sharing tips and tricks along with Dick Van Dyke, a long time NewTek fan.
But most importantly, we all get to meet in person, those we share info with on the forums. As well as build a stronger NewTek family.

Some Munchies will be provided and Iím hoping to add another Bartender, (if donations show up quickly).
There should be plenty of great prizes to be given out. Several people offering prizes have already contacted me. Iíll try and get a list updated as they roll in.

Iíve been informed that many people still arenít aware of the Party. Please pass along this information to anyone you feel might be interested. Even Non-NewTek product owners are invited. "Converts".

Last year was far better than I imagined thanks to this fantastic family. Iím anticipating within a few years, N.A.B. will become known as T.O.A.S.T.
OK, a little far fetched, but I know of a couple competitors that were VERY impressed with the user-sponsored party NewTek got from their customers last year!!!

Thanks for everyoneís help with this event.

dablan
03-23-2003, 04:49 PM
I'll be doing a LightWave demo/tutorial - but don't worry about a workstation! I'll have my laptop with me!

Just be sure to have a projector or monitor so everyone can see.

I'm also giving away free books, and we're raffling a free copy of the 3D Garage Signature Courseware for LightWave. At the event, we'll have forms for ordering the courseware too with a special price and special bonus!

Dan Ablan

Skonk
03-23-2003, 05:15 PM
If only i could be there :(

but sadly i lack the funds needed to get me there from the uk.

Hope it all goes well for you, dan been there should be a real treat :)

James..

ted
03-31-2003, 03:02 PM
One more thing.
If anyone is willing, or has a spouse or significant other that would be willing to sit at the check in table for a while, we could use some relief. I hate to ask my wife to sit there the whole evening!:eek:

The table will be in the room and have a view of the whole event. So hopefully we can rotate a several people through the evening.

Duties would be to have the people sign in and give out tickets for door prizes.

ted
04-03-2003, 10:41 PM
I just received some bad news that Tim Jenison and his band won't be able to play this year.
I'll miss the music, but still looking forward to hooking up with you all.

Here's the info again on this years Toast 03. Be sure to print it and keep it in your NAB kit.

Feel free to bring some friends. Even non-NewTek product users are welcome.
I love introducing people to the biggest benefit of a NewTek product. It's the "family" that comes in every box!

The event is on Monday, April 7th, 2003. From 6pm-11:45pm
Las Vegas MGM, Premier Ballroom # 311 (This is in the main Convention Hall on Koval Lane if you're taking a cab).

For questions or suggestions, e-mail me at [email protected]

Please send any Prize Donation info to [email protected]

Traditionally there is a lot of useful information about NewTek Products shared at this event, not just the Toaster.
Paul Laura will be giving a T3 overview.
Dan Ablan has offered to give a LightWave demo.
Eric Pratt will be showing off his Franken Toaster as well as Chroma Key and Effects demos.
Lee Stranahan will give a great Toaster overview.

Countless Toaster veterans will be there sharing tips and tricks along with Dick Van Dyke, a long time NewTek fan.
But most importantly, we all get to meet in person, those we share info with on the forums. As well as build a stronger NewTek family.

Some Munchies will be provided and I just added another Bartender.
There should be plenty of great prizes to be given out.

Iíve been informed that many people still arenít aware of the Party. Please pass along this information to anyone you feel might be interested.

Last year was far better than I imagined thanks to this fantastic family. Iím anticipating within a few years, N.A.B. will become known as T.O.A.S.T.
OK, a little far fetched, but I know of a couple competitors that were VERY impressed with the user-sponsored party NewTek got from their customers last year!!!

See ya all there!!!:cool:

ted
04-05-2003, 05:54 PM
Dan Ablan, "Appointed Editor-in-Chief" of Keyframe Magazine, will be doing his LightWave Demo at 7PM.

Paul Laura will be doing his Video Toaster overview at 8PM.

There will also be several Workstations around the room with various people giving demo's and demonstrating their tips and tricks.

ted
04-13-2003, 10:54 AM
I'm still waiting for a total from the MGM so I can post the final details on the Party. They even charged for hanging banners in the hallway.:mad:

I've got a few ideas for next year like having my Audio guy, (he's a funny radio DJ type), to MC the program. That'll give me more time to handle details that night and just mingle more. I still feel I couldn't chat enough with some key forum users I've been wanting to get to know better.
So I hope nobody feels I've ignored them. The purpose of the party was to get to know some of you better.

I'm also thinking about getting some experts on each application, TEd, LW, Aura and the CG to spend time at workstations so everyone could get time asking questions on their specific questions.

Thanks again to everyone who attended. I hope it was what you expected and more.

dablan
04-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Ted,
it was a blast. Thanks for putting it all together.

Of course, you owe me a new pair of shoes. I wore a hole in mine walking to the event.

Cheers,
Dan

ted
04-13-2003, 10:06 PM
No kidding. How do you think Dan, Curtis, Dave and their crew felt. I heard how Eric Pratt felt!;)

I've already contacted the MGM about getting another spot next year. I was told that I'll have to wait several months to lock in a specific room. I told them I'm first in line!

dablan
04-14-2003, 09:12 AM
I hear ya -
I thought about that crew lugging the gear. Man!

How about not using the MGM next year?
Maybe you can lock in rooms at the convention center for cheap,
or other hotels...

Either way, great show.
Dan

ted
04-14-2003, 10:02 AM
I've already got the bugs worked out at the MGM, but it's worth looking into. Especially since the MGM says they can't confirm the room until a few months before NAB 2004.

yosik
04-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Ted,
I want to thank you for the great job you've done on Toast03.
The sense of community we all felt was in no small part of your doing.

Kudos!!!!

Yossi Klein
NewMedia Coordinator
Michlalah - Jerusalem College
Israel