PDA

View Full Version : Stupid cg wont work

videoconcepts
01-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Here i am with a deadline and typed out what i needed, that was fine , I tryed to save it out but it would only save half of it.
it was only a one page scroll . i tryed to save it out as rtv. i tryed to play it out of gc player and the cg and it would only play the first half.
it did save the whole thing but i just cant use it... grrrrr I was all set to dump a reception and i had to give this to someone right after. but nooo ... silly me for thinking i could.

bradl
01-24-2004, 02:43 PM
I feel your pain... I don't have an answer for the CG Module as I still don't use it.

You may already know the following, but just in case: If you have Photoshop (or Aura) you could try creating a larger than screen size PNG and scroll it using Positioner in the Control Tree. For example create it 720 X 1400 or whatever. Remember VT3 will squeeze it down by default so go to Size and set it to 100% first.

Edit: I just re-read your post. You said it was a one page scroll. If all the text fits on one screen, after you save the CG file, you could use the PNG automatically created in that folder to Positioner Scroll it.

videoconcepts
01-24-2004, 02:55 PM
It says its one page but its a long page.

thanks for answering.

anyone read Dilbert.?
in that comic they make fun of stuff like making people think they need something and thet cant live without it. and they really cant. even if it doesnt work.
interesting way to make a sale.
it seems to be working here.

ScorpioProd
01-24-2004, 05:07 PM
Did you set your page as a motion page and not a still page first??? What you describe would be caused by not doing that.

And you did set your motion parameters from the motion tab, right?

videoconcepts
01-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Ok its late and your making me start up the computer after 12 hrs of grrr.
i dont think i check tab stuff. the motion thing i did. and did you say it made a diffrence if i started in still mode first typed then changed it to motion?

prospector
01-24-2004, 09:18 PM
You have to be hitting the wrong button somewhere.
I am doing 3 and 4 min scrolls (for telepromptors) and they work fine. Little fast but with an extra space line between it's readable.

ScorpioProd
01-24-2004, 10:53 PM
For motion pages be sure to set the page type as motion, which is done with the tab near the top left. Then there is the motion control tab, which is the third tab on the top left tool section.

If you change it after you create part of it, that's fine.

I do tons of scrolls, and honestly, it's working fine for me now. I've even learned to live with the faster than I'd like scroll speed limit by keeping my text no smaller than 48 points in scrolls.

Ivan
01-24-2004, 11:00 PM
I have noticed that there were times when I tried to save an RTV scroll and I had the page type set to scroll and got the same results, a single short page. Try previewing the page first (Cue ad Go in the Motion Tab) and then saving it as an RTV, this seemed to solve it for me.

Ivan

prospector
01-25-2004, 01:20 AM
48 points hu?
gotta try that size.

And I always preview too. Maby that's something to look at.

ScorpioProd
01-25-2004, 10:02 AM
Well, there is one more work around for me, too...

I have to engage CUE if I want the RTV to save properly in terms of centering being correct and such. Same for crawls.

No software is perfect, so I'm afraid workarounds are SOP.

videoconcepts
01-25-2004, 03:52 PM
i tryed cueing but it still wont play the whole thing. i can grab the side bar and scroll it but thats it.

bradl
01-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Day late and dollar short observations:

Just tried a bunch of scroll tests. Everything here worked fine, except for the speed limitations. Chose Motion Page (Page Type drop down) and then Direction (Motion Tab)

This has been covered before but my observations were the slowest speed is anything from 0.00 to 6.00, then 6.01 to 10.00, then 10.01 to 14.00, then changes after 18, then after 22 then it's going too fast to count :) Looks like a change after each increase by 4.

The RTV created from CG module was smooth. I also tried scrolling (Positioner) the PNG automatically created. I matched it's speed to the RTV's and it look just as good but only at a very specific speed (34.36%). At other percentages it strobed slightly.

bradl
01-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Forgot to put this. The PNG was 46KB and the RTV was 449,389KB and got the same results!