PDA

View Full Version : Existence ?

RorrKonn
01-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Why have I never herd this question ?
Worst of all, Why have I never been told the answer ?

Step 1
Is there a 3D Key to unlock the capability to model anything fast,corectly and make the hardest of meshes as simple as 1+1 ?
What is the magical primitive to accomplish this?

Step 2
From the magical primitive
A basic blueprint that all Car meshes to be based on ?
A basic blueprint that all Human meshes to be based on ?

All the 3D books sold,All the tutorials on the web.a Virtual Library of facts to rivals the Greatest of all Libraries.
Still the one shape,The one magical combination of polygons, the magical primitive is not even whispered. why ?

Is the answer so simple every one knows ?
Is the answer so elusive no one knew ?

RorrKonn
http://www.Atomic-3D.com

UnCommonGrafx
01-24-2004, 09:20 AM
The magic primitive isn't in lw; it's in the artist.
The artist, if not endowed by the creator as all knowing, must hone and develop the primitive within.
We normals call it "Practice" and find we must do it often.
Those endowed with greater connectivity with the primitive inside call it playing.
Many attempt to share their primitive approach but it fails because it's so individual. But it does assist in finding the primitive within and how to best use it.
The question's been asked and answered multiple times in a multitude of ways. Without access to the internal primitive, sometimes the answers go unseen.

hrgiger
01-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Think outside the box..

Don't always rely on primitives to model with. Unless I"m modeling a fairly simple object, I never use primitives to model with unless it's very close the the object I want to end up with (for example using a box to model a television).

I do everything either with point by point or spline modeling. The closest thing there is to a "3D key to unlock the capability to model anything" is good references. But it's not in the method to model it as you'll get different answers from everyone on modeling similar models.

riki
01-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Give poser a go, it might be what you're looking for.

digimassa
01-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by riki
Give poser a go, it might be what you're looking for.

yeah

jamesl
01-25-2004, 02:21 AM
I'm still looking for a pencil that knows what I want to draw. I feel your pain!

j

RorrKonn
01-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Apparently the answer has been staring me in the face for a long long time.I just never realized what I was looking at.
Maybe modeler that's modeled for a while knows all this.I just never realized what they were saying in there tutorials or on the forms.
There our certain rules you half to follow for a mesh to SD right.right ?
The meshes ya see that look good our using what I have dumbed the magical primitives at least 90% of the time.they do throw a tri in there now and again.
the meshes ya see that look a wreck and don't SD right our not using the magical primitives philosophy.

I would make a mesh of one thing then a mesh of another thing and started to realize.
if I broke the mesh down to simple parts.
I was repeating the same simple parts over and over aging just putting them in deferent combinations to get deferent looken meshes.

once ya break a mesh down.there should only be quads,no pentagons or above.
points should only have 3,4,5 lines attached to them.that's about it.
follow these rules and ya mesh SD's right don't follow these rules and it won't SDS right.

Breaking any mesh Down that follows the rules and this is what you will find.right ?

RorrKonn

prime

RorrKonn
01-25-2004, 08:48 AM
failed attempt to post a .jpg

RorrKonn
01-25-2004, 08:55 AM
I got the .jpg to post :)

pdrake
01-25-2004, 11:50 AM
wtf are you talking about? do you speak english? seriously.

UnCommonGrafx
01-25-2004, 11:58 AM
RorrKon,
Nope, still not it. (Speaking of your image.)

Press tab and look what happens.

Yes, the magic primitive is a polygon. :D

And your first line supports my initial answer.
:cool:

jamesl
01-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Now see with clearness and good things. The modeler is at a lower level like is similar to a programming language that has a level similar to lower, meaning powerful but unfocused. Providing this, is flexibility for the artist with good intentions to make comfortable models. Dig?

j

RorrKonn
01-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks Every one for the comments,suggestions.
I like Poser it's a kool app, really fast way to fill ya seen with humans to.
pdrake I am looken for a way to model good meshes as fast as possible.

I am working on a car after I get the car done and a tutorial made I will post it.

RorrKonn

digimassa
01-26-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by RorrKonn
...I am looken for a way to model good meshes as fast as possible...

Surprising, I allways tried to make bad meshes as slow as possible, maybe IŽll try your way in the future, in the meantime waiting hard for your car- tutorial:cool:

RorrKonn
01-26-2004, 09:49 AM
I know how nice people can be here so don't think there good enough to post in the WIP part yet,but there getting there.

RorrKonn uses multiple 3D Apps.

RorrKonn
01-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Have not figured out how to post more then 1 .jpg at a time

RorrKonn
01-26-2004, 09:52 AM
last one,for now.

pdrake
01-26-2004, 10:49 AM
rorrkonn, i'm really trying to be as delicate as possible. i am confused by your posts because of your spelling and grammar. maybe you are just trying to type quickly, but when you transpose such words as "seen and scene" or "there and their" it becomes confusing rather quickly. it's much easier to help someone when their questions are clear and precise. that's why i asked if you spoke english, we have alot of people from around the world on this board for whom english is not their primary language. they could become quickly confused.

no offense was intended by this post, just clarification.

RorrKonn
01-26-2004, 11:55 AM
pdrake
it's kool,but ya got to be tuff to hang around here, they can get ah rowdy at times.
ya tag says ya a newbie,when ya post a how to question ya will probably get a few RTFM,even thou it's 1200 pages long and at first ya wonder if it's wrote in English.

I am very use to hearing about my poor grammar and spelling.
from deferent Forms and Mailing list.
I write every thing in the email spell check it and copy past to form.
I attempt to make my post readable.
Don't know Grammar and some times words our spelled so close alike I don't know what's the rite word.

Born and Bread in USA English and 3D our the only two languages I 1/2 way know,still learning both. I am getting better at it.

RorrKonn

UnCommonGrafx
01-26-2004, 11:58 AM
That got a gut busting laugh out of me!!

I sure hope this wasn't serious. If so, you need some dyslexia work!! hee hee.

Turner
01-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Coincidentally, RorKonn, Andrew uses multiple 3d apps too.

Cheers,
Andrew