PDA

View Full Version : Feature request

toonafish
03-10-2003, 04:56 PM
- some feature requests that popped up :

- When creating keyframes in Layout with auto key create active and the preferences in the General Options panel are set to "Modified Channels", Layout should create keyframes only for the channel that is actualy modified and not for all the Move or Rotate axis channels. I spend sooo much time clearing static keyframes when I don't want to see unused keyframes in the timeslider.

-Weight painting in Layout and acces to vertices, so one has direct feedback when painting weights and it's finaly possible to create usable endomorphs to compensate for joint bone deformation. The way one has to guess how an endomorph looks with a joint deformation is silly, just like painting weights in modeler en checking the result in Layout. I know we have Vertex Paint but it gives you just a rough idea of how the bones influence a weightmap.

-Slider keyframes should also listen to the keyframe preferences. No matter what the prefs are, it's always TCB for sliders.

-when a key is set to Bezier Spline in the Graph editor, it should remain a Bezier Spline and not go back to TCB when adjusting the keyframe. I hardly ever use Bezier Splines in the Graph editor because it's useless adjusting a Bezier curve when you'll probably gonna lose what you did later on.

-Layers in modeler should remember their name when copying and pasting a layer.

- Please add edges for SubPatch Weights in Modeler, it would actualy make the feature usable.

-Make SockMonkey work with bones, it could be such a great feature.

-It should be possible to access and adjust all the aspects of a scene in the spreadsheet editor, plugins, modifiers, everything.

-It would be nice if an object could be influenced by bones from several objects, so it's no longer nessecary bones stay within the hierarchy of their initial parent.

-Another bone idea would be to have some kind of bone setting that would deform an object like a Lattice Deformer or the current Effector deformer, so one could create a custom Lattice from a bone cage.

-Please make it possible to control Motion Mixer channels with expressions or modifiers. It's just silly, Graph editor sees what the expression is supposed to to but nothing happens.

- The surface editor should only show the surfaces of the objects that are actualy in the scene, and not from all the layers in the object.

-Please make it possible to add or remove modifiers to multiple selected channels in the Graph editor, or multiple selected objects in general. And modify them all at once.

- It would be great if one could drag just selected keys in the Scene Editor, and not just scale or move the whole motion at once.

-Please make it possible to toggle the small on/off selectors we see everywhere all at once or just for the selected ones, just like in the Layer panel in modeler. For instance in Motion Mixers channel editor I spend so much time clicking a whole bunch off and on one by one.

-It would be great to have some kind of visual reminder one is working on an endomorph, like a colored edge around the view window. Sometimes I forget turning an endomorph off, and suddenly I'm working on my endomorph instead of the actual object for an hour..

- It's great one can click on Points Sets in the Vertex Maps panel in Modeler, but wouldn't it be neat if the selected Point Set actualy would be selected ?

- A nice one would be to pay some attention to the Spline Patches in Modeler. Maybe SplinePatches without the neccesety to patch an object by hand but realtime feedback, or renderable SplinePatches. Or at least bezier splines you don't have to freeze before you can use them. Spline patches are such a powerfull feature, and it's been almost unchanged since I started with Lightwave a loong time ago.

well, i could go on for a while but I think that's enough for now.

Thank you for your attention.

grtz

Fish
http://www.toonafish.nl

jasonwestmas
01-21-2011, 04:06 PM
You ever find a solution for deleting static key frames in lightwave?

geo_n
01-24-2011, 03:02 AM
You ever find a solution for deleting static key frames in lightwave?

This is why I miss flay. There's a plugin I use to do that but its not named easily. I'll search my plugins folder.

UnCommonGrafx
01-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Um...
NT, Matt, Read Toon's old list for Core, please.

jasonwestmas
01-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah this is a nice healthy list of reality. Noticing that only a few of these features have been touched on for the past 8 years. Definitely shows the disconnection between panels and features.

Lightwolf
01-24-2011, 09:46 AM
-Layers in modeler should remember their name when copying and pasting a layer.

How can you copy layers in Modeler?

Cheers,
Mike

jasonwestmas
01-24-2011, 10:04 AM
How can you copy layers in Modeler?

Cheers,
Mike

He means cutting/copying geometry and then pasting it into a new layer doesn't transfer the name of the original layer to the new layer.

Lightwolf
01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
He means cutting/copying geometry and then pasting it into a new layer doesn't transfer the name of the original layer to the new layer.
I know... but then, why should it if it copies the geometry?

It's not about current functionality that is broken in this case... but something that is completely missing.

Cheers,
Mike

jasonwestmas
01-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I know... but then, why should it if it copies the geometry?

It's not about current functionality that is broken in this case... but something that is completely missing.

Cheers,
Mike

Sure. . .

Modeler would have to some how be able to carry the naming convention along with copy and paste function. So in a sense you would be cutting and pasting the name at the same time as the geometry. But I'm sure you knew that too.

Lightwolf
01-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Sure. . .

Modeler would have to some how be able to carry the naming convention along with copy and paste function. So in a sense you would be cutting and pasting the name at the same time as the geometry. But I'm sure you knew that too.
Erm, I disagree... what it does need is a dedicated copy/paste for layers as opposed to geometry. Not only for the name but for the pivot as well.

I'd rather not have them mixed up, they relate to different concepts. And one major problem is that there is no clean context to differentiate if you just press ctrl-c in a viewport.

Cheers,
Mike

jasonwestmas
01-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Erm, I disagree... what it does need is a dedicated copy/paste for layers as opposed to geometry. Not only for the name but for the pivot as well.

I'd rather not have them mixed up, they relate to different concepts. And one major problem is that there is no clean context to differentiate if you just press ctrl-c in a viewport.

Cheers,
Mike

I was speaking under the assumption that this functionality would come to core first anyway. I doubt the modeler layers system is going to get any attention anyway.