PDA

View Full Version : Grrr... Image Mapping Quest. Please Help

mjroddy
01-23-2004, 10:03 PM
I'm stumped!
I'm doing what I thought would be mighty simple: I've mapped an image of a newspaper onto a plane (more or less). Then I want to map a movie in a section of that newspaper. So I render out my movie as an uncompressed AVI and map that where I want it. So far ok. Render it and I find that the movie is not complete. There are only 776 frames in the Image Editor. The movie is 1:35;00 seconds, so that should be a few more that 776 frames.
Ok, I think. I'll render as an MOV.
Unfortuately, when that maps, I can't seem to resize it properly. The actual image gets smaller (and had the right number of frames), but it leaves a big black smeer in the unused portions and I can't see the underlying image or mesh - just black where the resized mov isn't. (Hope my description makes sence.)
I have a gig of ram, so I'm thinking the uncompressed avi being clipped to 776 frames isn't a ram issue, but I could be wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mjroddy
01-26-2004, 09:16 AM
I should know better than to post late Friday night when most folk are gone for the weekend...
Is there any solution to my problem? Although it's beyond me, it seems like it should be simple to work through...