PDA

View Full Version : Jacuzzi

veljko
01-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Well, after a loong rendering frenzy (about 50 hours of rendering) its finaly finished-
I was going for a photorealistic look,
hope you like it!

Its the jacuzzi tub at my girlfriend house:) ;)

Brett H.
01-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Nice image, but 50 hours? I think a few optimizations could get that down quite a bit. What machine are you rendering on? It doesn't look like you had the AA up too high, I see alot of aliasing in that first image.

Nice work though, texturing is really nice.

Edit:
Or did you mean 50 hours for many images? If so, ignore my above comments.

Brett

Matt
01-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Very nice, I love the photographer in the reflection of the taps, nice touch! :)

veljko
01-24-2004, 03:34 AM
Hi- thx for the replies!
OK-
These were the settings
AA was at enhanced low,
no DOF, no Motion blur,
Radiosity /monte carlo 3x9
Ray recursion limit down to 6
adaptive sampling ON
one point light
and it took me 8hours for the large pic, about 16 hours for the small ones on a
Athlon 2.1 Ghz, 512 DDRa

now, you try to optimise it down from these settings and not make it look like crap and ill buy you a beer:)

I dont say that I aswell was not puzzled and iritated by the long rendering times, but i think i optimised it to the bare bone nessecities..

RAZ
01-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Regards the rendering time....

perhaps the computer fell asleep!!!

Whats next on your to-do list...a shower tray?

diablo1000000
01-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Hiya Veljko.

Wonderful render - I really like the colours and the composition. Is it modelled from your own bathroom? My bath's not quite as white as that...! :p

While I like the shadows that the 'dove' bottle gives (with the shadow outlinging the dove text on the bottle) it doesn't seem that realistic to me. It might be accurate, but doesn't look right.

Plus, effects like this are probably what's upping your render times!

Nice work!

T x

veljko
01-26-2004, 01:02 PM
@RAZ
:), i would not be supriced- I sweare that computer has a mind of its own!
Hey- a shower tray does sound interesting but im kinda bored with inanimate objects- I think ill try to modell something living and breathing for my next project!

@diablo
You are right about the shadow of the bottle, but since it took me around 16 hours to render that one i had no patiance to rework it:) The image will have to wait for a better configuration i think:)
glad you like it!

Jure
01-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Looks good, even though it lacks reflection blurring. But that would, of course add even more to render time, so you are excused this time ;).

miso popovic
01-28-2004, 06:12 AM
nice pic!

veljko
01-28-2004, 07:41 AM
@jure
YEah, that would be just too much-!

p.s.Dobija sam posao na Akademiji u Splitu- Na onom predmetu elektronske animacije, i sada se moze diplomirat sa Lightwaveom!

julos
01-28-2004, 09:05 AM
Nice ! i liked the photograph detail as well :D

A little critic : maybe there's too much "perspective" in the first picture.

veljko
01-28-2004, 10:20 AM
Hi- thx for the replies!-
@Julios
I wanted to show the entrie jacuzzi so i had to put in the horizontal lenght much wider then the vertical one- thats what gives it the "over perspective" look-
I was happy with the tap detail aswell-
:)

Zarathustra
01-31-2004, 06:35 AM
I think it looks great. Does sound like an awfully long render time, but your settings are modest. Hmmmm

veljko
01-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Thx Zarathustra-
Yup, the rendering time will I guess remain a puzzle:)

Does anyone know, do splines take longer to render then polygones?

discode
02-01-2004, 07:59 AM
I dont beleive you can render splines in layout per se.

veljko
02-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Yup, I know you cant render splines- You can render them, but layout transformes them into polygons before rendering-
I was wondering if this makes the render much longer then just freezing the object in modeller and then rendering it-
I guess i will have to try and see-
I dont like freezing the object cos it creates a lot of polys and if i want to change something in the future it is much more difficult to do..

FenrirWolf
02-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Wow, that's some serious diehard work there. 8 hours for the large pic -- I don't doubt it! Reflective surfaces with raytraced reflection just absolutely KILLS rendering time. But it looks nice.

I agree, the photographer reflection in the chrome is a nice touch. :)

HowardM
02-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Thats HOT!
The photographer is a great touch!

Did you try a Ray limit of 2 or 3 instead of 6?
I bet the reflections would still look nice and you could cut out ALOT of render time!

How did you do the water drops? HV?

veljko
02-02-2004, 01:31 AM
Hi- thx for the replies!
Its allways nice when people who dont want to give 5 stars dont vote, so you get two votes and 5 stars rating!:D

@HowardM- The default setting in lw is 16 rays, so I was a bit sceptic about downsizing it to less then 6:)+ the stickers on the shampooes get all funky and stuff when ray recursion is less the 6- I guess clipping or transparency rely on the ray recursion aswell..

The water drops are done in surface editor with bumpmaps and stuff
For that i have to thank the "Lightwave Aplied" book. I found a great tutorial on making water drops with bumpmaps in it..

ruud
02-06-2004, 04:56 AM
I voted 5 stars also... :D just because you're wining that much! :D

Greetz

Ruuter

diablo1000000
02-06-2004, 07:26 AM
I've noticed the stars before, but thought that only 'special people' could vote? I have no idea where or how to vote for pieces on this website... it's not very clear!

T x

veljko
02-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Hi- when you write a reply, just below the "attach file" box there is a "rate this thread" box- Just choose one of the give ratings and thats it!