PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Junk Mail

sms
01-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Hi everybody, I just tried to reply to NewTeks latest Junk Mail
which I find very annoying. However, it was refused by the mailserver of NewTek. I think you might find it interesting what I couldn't send.

---

Hi there,

this sounds good, but I've paid already for the update to 8.0. You should have updated your mailing list.

There's no need to tell me that I'll get DFX+. The only thing I'd like to is to receive emails about THE FINAL RELEASE date, nothing else! Please do stop sending me such emails. I am not a potential customer for you. As you might see, I've been working with LW for a long time so don't send me offers about new prices or whatever. You are still working with my money. I surely won't pay my money in advance for the next release as long as your marketing strategies don't improve. Until the time being, I've been VERY patient and curious what the next version of LW will bring. But the features you've been advertising so far should have been implemeted in 6.0 to be competetive to other 3D packages.

Don't misunderstand me. I like and want to support small companies. But if you want to keep your customers happy you should deal with them more carefully as you do. I love LightWave but I don't like the way you are treating me as a custsomer. LightWave is essential to me as I make my money with it. I really have to say that I am utterly annoyed. I wonder if you have ever had a look into the other 3D packages, which sound quite interesting to me.

I am looking forward to be informed when LW8 is available.

---

So what do say?

Chrysolithos
01-22-2004, 11:42 PM
I was wondering if anybody was going to respond to the recent mailings to (I'm guessing) anybody registered to this forum. I got one sent to my e-mail at my day job. And one sent to my home e-mail address. Hey at least it's spam that applies to me, instead of the countless penis/breast/hair enlargement cell phone turbo inkjet mortgage getrichquik crap. And it makes me think that they are that much closer to shipping 8! So it's no big deal.

guch30
01-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I recieved one in the mail too.
I hope it's NewTek's marketing team doing a blanket e-mail because I too have already paid for the upgrade.

The good thing is that this is a definite sign that they are starting to wrap things up and getting close to shipping the product (or maybe I shouldn't read to much into it?):confused: