PDA

View Full Version : Compression, and stuff

random_human_02
01-22-2004, 05:04 PM
What is the best method.

Currently, I have made several animations. The final animation will/has ended up in Flash. It simply sucks.

But, I can't render out a 236MB files and drop it into flash, as the swf files will be turned into exe's using swf studio.

I normally have LW spit out QT movies, compressed using the sorenson compressor (built into LW) - They are pretty decent quality, but once brought into flash, it gets compressed even more by the sorenson squeeze thing built into flash.

Anyway, what are some of the best methods for different media types, (cd, web, etc)

I have heard that rendering out the individual images and then put them together in another package is best, but I dunno. There is alot of litreture on this subject, but it's all pro's and con's. I would like to know what works by those who have been down this road before.

Alot of my stuff is ending up in Flash, and I need small files, and good quality (The flash files will be on a CD).

I do have After effects 5.5 and Premiere 6.
I don't have the swish plugin (or software for that matter), I have been watching ebay for director mx, but it's still a bit out of my range. Anarak is too expensive as well.

Anyway, so I am stuck with the compression thing. What is your advice, or what would you do in this situation?

Thanks

Nakaleen
01-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Hmmm I use diffrent compressions for diffrent work.

At work I use QT with the Avid codec (so it can import into work's Avid system)

For my own stuff (if it is 100% LW) is to output to avi using a lossless codec or a low lossy codec like mjpg. before I convert it to eather mpeg2 (for DVD) or Divx for web.

digimassa
01-22-2004, 06:09 PM
:cool:
You render out with cellshader and trace images in flash
this (http://www.miksch-media.com) is done that way, size 27kb

digimassa
01-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Nakaleen
a low lossy codec like mjpg. before I convert it to eather mpeg2 (for DVD) or Divx for web.

1: dont compress twice