PDA

View Full Version : What should i charge for this job???

Capel
01-22-2004, 02:50 PM
Ok, i have a problem. I just got a call from a studio here in phoenix and it sounds like they want me to do some logo animation for them, and i don't know what else. But this is my first job and it's just me that will be doing the work. I meet with them next wednesday, i think it's the 28th, and they want to discuss the job and prices. I have NO IDEA what to charge. SHould i do it by the hour, or as a whole package? What would some basic rates be for modeling, animating, possibly basic compositing, and render time? Any advice from you guys would be a GREAT help. Thanks in advance!

twoodall661
01-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Tough question! There are a lot of variables to consider.

1. What does the Phoenix market support? It doesn't matter what some guy charges in LA, Chicago or Picayune.
2. How good are you? Really good animators charge more! Newbies charge less and learn as they go- many are interns and do it for free!
3. Take a look at the competition in your area. How good are they compared to you? What do they charge? What have similar projects been done for in the past? Some times hard to find out but if you can it helps.

It's usually best to provide a project price (so they know the price going in) if there is a tangible end to the project.

Hope this helps.