PDA

View Full Version : text input bar idea

triton
01-22-2004, 02:18 PM
?

Kvaalen
01-22-2004, 02:25 PM
I've heard people ask for this before and I like the idea. If this idea does get included, I think it is important that it can be applied to colors, envelopes, textures... great idea!

Matt
01-22-2004, 02:34 PM
roll it out to everything . . .

(personally I don't like using the mouse wheel as a button, I'd prefer to 'click-hold down' and then drag, but that's just me!)

Exper
01-23-2004, 02:17 AM
Both features will be well wellcome!

NT is improveing LW's workflow...
so... we can hope we'll see more in future!

Bye.

Nemoid
01-23-2004, 06:17 AM
In -cough cough- Maya channel box you can enter multiple values just passing with the mouse over the imput fields to select 3 at once, then enter 50cm.

easy and fast.

Kvaalen
01-23-2004, 10:56 AM
I am wondering if it isn't better to have it in such a way that you can either CTRL drag (usually the same as using the middle button in LightWave) or just CTRL click and it will copy the value (text, color, texture...). Then you can ALT click (or something of the sort) to paste it quickly. The envlopes in [8] have a right click menu with copy paste options but I hope the current right clicking on colors option doesn't get replaced with a menu.

The reason I think it would be better so is: just how many times is the value you want to copy open at the same time as the input where you want to paste it?