PDA

View Full Version : Live Video is GREEN!

saicam
01-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Our system has just been updated from VT2 to VT3 about two months ago. Every thing was just fine until about a month ago that our live video becomes GREENish. (It's almost if all the lighter colors, like yellow or red turn green, but the blues come out fine. It's like seeing green people with blue backgrounds.)

We have three cameras set up, and in our Preview monitor, the live video comes out green on all our cameras. Before it used to be one camera, but now it's all of them. The only way to get around this problem is to switch, to say camera 1, the Program Out view is Green, but if we were to switch it back to the same camera 1 once agian, normal colors would come back.

In other words, the live video on the and Program Out panel is green, but the Preview panel has normal colors. That's why we double switch to a camera to get rid of the greenish problem. We usually record all the time, so this is really fustrating and we should not be going through this.

We have checked the cameras, wires, computer (By the way, system is brand new, only VT3 is stored in it. It has no connection to the Internet, so it should not be a virus.) We have tried everything!

Has this happened before? Can this problem be fixed?

Please Help.

Thanks, Rudy

Ivan
01-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Has someone een plysing with your Proc Amp setings?

Ivan

SCS
01-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Since you say you have 3 cameras I assume (unless they are DV) that you have a BOB.

If you remove the BOB go back to the standard 5 wire cable does the problem go away? (I went through 2 sets of cables - so far)...

If you are using genlock, is it stable?

Kurt_Henning
01-23-2004, 06:44 AM
Try running autocal on the inputs for the camera and see if that cleans t up

Max Steel
01-24-2004, 02:50 AM
I have seen this symtom before. It is a hardware issue.
Your daughter card needs calibrating with your SX-8.
You may be able to compensate with the advanced procamp controls.

The best solution would be to send your hardware back to Newtek for adjustment, or get them or your dealer to send you a new daughtercard.
(the latter solved the green switching issue for one of my clients)

..Steel..