PDA

View Full Version : Will this work with VT3?

geoff
01-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi All
We are currently using VT2 with a dual athlon system with no problems at all...

2 x 1800xp chips
tyan tiger board with 1 gig of ram
3ware controller with 4x120 gig drives

It is only used to capture with the SDI card and output for mpeg 1 and 2 encoding for CD and DVD aurthoring, so we are not in any great need of the realtime aspect, but time code support and better standards conversion will be usefull,

We would like to update to V3 but want to know if it will run on this system?
Any help appriciated..

videoguy
01-22-2004, 10:02 AM
it will run however since amd atholns do not support sse2 instructions it wont be as realtime as a compareable p4 system because the 3d postioning, etc. will have to run in the slower mmx code

geoff
01-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi
Thanks for that....
So basically it will work with the dual athlon setup,but not in realtime.. yes?

videoguy
01-22-2004, 12:32 PM
it will work in mostly in realtime except for some of the 3d postioning rotation and edges for more info regarding the speficics email andrew cross at across_ @ _ newtek.com

geoff
01-23-2004, 04:42 AM
Hi
Thanks for the info...
As I said, as long as it will work realtime is not realy needed...

geoff
03-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Well.......

Bit the bullet, and ordered the VT3 upgrade that arrived yesterday.

Uninstalled the VT2 software (that has been working without a problem since VT1).
Installed todayVT3 today and it no workey :-(

Everything installed ok, no problems or question marks in device manager, but after starting VT3 up and going to toaster edit, as soon as the mouse rolled over a clip to drag into the timeline VT3 would completely lock up :-(

Symeon from onevideo (cheers symeon) sorted that one out by telling me to disable one of the options in the file preview preferences (dont remember which option it was).

I can now drag clips and play them on the time line, but as soon as I try to render the selected clip to a file, or try to enable clip overlay VT3 again completely locks up.

So I installed a clean version of Win2K this afternoon and nothing else but the toaster and the problems are just the same..

Anybody any idea???

System specs below
Tyan Tiger board (s2460)
1 Gig ram
Quadro 4 750 (64 meg) videeo card (latest drivers from Nvidia)
550W psu
3Ware 7410 controller with 4x120 gig drives
60 gig boot drive
Realtek net card
Firewire card

Winxp with SP1
Win2K with service pack 3