PDA

View Full Version : A plethora of questions

lyndze11
03-10-2003, 01:18 PM
I used Spline Draw to create hair; since I'm trying to recreate Yoda, and he doesn't have much, it seemed to work out fine. I tried following some hair tutorials, and they never seemed to work for me. The Spline Draw gave me just what I needed, the only thing is that it doesn't show when I send it to layout. Is there any way to make it visible, or work out for me.

Also, I'm trying to get his eyes to mov and whatnot. Again, I turned to the tutorials on this site, but when I got the adding a Null as the target, it just went haywire. Everything else worked for me up until then. Any adive or anything?

And finally, does anyone know of a good tutorial--typed or audio/video--for creating skelegons and bones, because I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

Thanks again,

mE

Bytehawk
03-10-2003, 01:22 PM
splines don't render by themselves. You 'll need to freeze them to render them. You'll have more luck if you use sasquatch for hair with the spline guides you created. Saslite will help too. There's an excellent tutorial on the www.worley.com
site.

I'm no expert in rigging, so I'll leave that part to someone with better knowledge

lyndze11
03-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Believe me, as much as I would love either of those programs--I've read about them and what they can do--there is no chance my teacher will convince the schoolboard to buy it. That, and since this is more or less of a hobby for me now, I can't just spend $500+ on it :(.

Any other ways for the hair issue?

mE

mastermesh
03-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Start the hair root at the base of the skull, and then keep extending the points out, which will create your new point, move that point, then just keep doing that cycle over and over.

hrgiger
03-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Do you have version 7 of Lighwave? You can use saslite for the hair if this is the case...