PDA

View Full Version : Architecture rendering

KPS
01-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Here is a project I just finished for a client.
My first Lightwave paying project.
There is more I would have done but the client wanted is just like this.

Please let me know what you think.
C&C welcome.

mattbolton
01-21-2004, 09:14 AM
I don't know much about arch vis, but the image is very eye-pleasing. :)

adrian
01-21-2004, 11:08 AM
You did all of this in Lightwave? Excellent job. How long did it take you?

I love the detail on the building, in fact the whole picture is very well laid out.

Adrian.

adrian
01-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Oh just one thing.... the clouds make it look like it's sunny, but there are no sharp shadows.

But that's just nitpicking, and it doesn't necessarily follow that there would be sunshine at this particular spot just because the sun is shing on the clouds...

Adrian.

CMP 2003
01-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Is that sky just a backround image?

KPS
01-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks for all your comments.
The clouds are back image.
And I wold have liked to make a moodier shot like a sunset or something to that effect, but this is what the client liked.
maybe if i find the time i will play with lithing.
It took me about 40 hours from start to finish.

Jirapong
01-21-2004, 12:35 PM
It's really nice. By the way, the lighting direction of sky background is opposit to the rendering. It would be more convincing if you flip the sky.

Nice,

otacon
01-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Nice. Whats your lighting setup? Only thing that looks strange is theres no curbs around the grass areas.

trentonia
01-21-2004, 01:47 PM
There are 3 green cars, 3 gray cars, and 2 trucks...you should have atleast made several car textures so it wouldn't be as obvious that you just duped the cars. It's a picky thing, I know, but I think it would be an easy thing to do and add some variety.

art
01-21-2004, 02:42 PM
I think it looks good if the goal is to preview the architectual project in a more or less realistic setting. It could surely be enhanced, just as others mentioned here, but I guess this was good enough for the client. I think the image gives a very good idea of how the project will look in real life. I agree with person who said that it should be brighter. It looks like its going to rain soon on that picture. Brighter environment would look happier :)

wingwalker
01-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Great picture with a nice atmosphere

How did you do the trees???

keep it up

Rob T

RAZ
01-22-2004, 02:34 AM
Hi,

I like the pic a lot, the modelling looks fine but you need to devote more time to...

Texturing (Roof, walls & floor but particularly glazing.)
Lighting (Design a mood, time of day)
Background (denote landscape beyond the model, even if it's only indicative to avoid it looking like 'The end of the earth')
Sky ( Keep it simple as the model is already a busy place)
Cars (Swap the truck & Porsche for less eyecatching models & avoid obvious repeats)

It looks like a nice model thats had a rushed render job, but thats not negative, it's just need a few more steps and some extra work as with any architectural pic. Hope to see it develop.

kenmac
01-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Nice modeling however your lighting makes no sense.
Bright blue sky and the rest of the scene looks very flat.

Just fix that and you will have a nice scene.

All the best,
KenMac

veljko
01-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Hi- i like the image!

Of the suggestions mentioned I would have to agree with the cars (changing the colours would be good), but even that does not matter- From the pic I get a nice, clean and professional feel- The extra mile you guys are suggesting would IMHO gone unnoticed by the client and the sharp shadows would maby even hide the arhitecture of the building.
Anyways, lets remember that arhitecture rendering is not about photorealisam- Its about making the arhitecture seen in a nice, clean and profesional atmosphere- Realism is not a plus and IMHO not the way to go..

my 2 cents:)

RAZ
01-22-2004, 12:23 PM
yeah.....ka-ching...next.....

why bother!!!

p.s. Can I have your clients Veljko...mine all want realism, albeit on a sunny day ;)

Turner
01-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Nice -

But is that distant building a bit out of focus?

Chances are, it wouldn't be if this were taken with a "real" camera - depth of field doesn't quite work that way, and as it stands, that little bit of blur makes this look like an architectural model (which it is) but stylistically that might not be so bad.

veljko
01-23-2004, 02:13 AM
@raz
I dont do arhitectural modeling, a bit to boring for my teaste, so dont have any clients to send your way- My coligue does thoes, and since he doesnt know you, and doesnt know what a nice guy you are, he will probably send you to hell and keeep his client list to himselfe:) ;) -

As for the "ka-ching...next.....", "why bother"I say that there are smarter ways to burn your time then retushing and perfecting a tree on a job where a simple stilised tree will do the job just fine-

Its another story if you are doing something for your selfe and for the 3d comunity- In thoes ceases that kinda effort is reworded and apritiated-

RAZ
01-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Ever thought thats 'why' you find architectural work boring? It's fairly easy to do 'styalised' jobs, but perhaps if you went that extra mile, built-up a better portfolio of paid work (however, unappreciated) then you'll be able to attract better clients & jobs. It's just a difference of opinion but for me, being a 'jobs worth' just doesn't cut it, whatever 3D you like.

PS. Valjko......can other people see your friend too ;)

amirispop
01-24-2004, 12:00 AM
what kind of hardware set up you are using...because I think moving something like that around in modeler, zooming in and out, etc would cause my lil laptop to CRASH.

oh and it looks really nice. I think we all can see the lighting issue because we are for the most part trained to look at or for these things...but most clients you will work with will not notice minor things unless they are artiscally inclined or just have that EYE.

KPS
01-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Once again thanks everyone for your input.
I am working on a new lighting for the sceen.
I will post it as soon as i get it done.
I am working on a:
Dual 1.25 G4
2 gig ram
320 gig hard drive
Running Panther 10.3.2

I have no problems moving or rotating in madler., actually it handles it really good.

I ngot to bet back to work :D

Jeff

veljko
01-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Hi-
Thats a NICE configuration:)
No wonder you have no problems:)

@RAZ
Maybe i dont get it, but it seems to me that 80% of an arhitectural job is building the arhitecture:)
And that consists of clicking points over a blueprint and conecting walls and arches(not to say that it is not difficult,-It is, and it takes skill to master thoes blueprints- just not modelling skills)- The other 10% is reusing pre-built trees (what sap would build different trees for different jobs?),cars and people- Now the remaning 10% is the fun part! Building a scene (which in many ceases consists of a backdrop image or a skysphere and figuring out how to set up the lightening), and thats it. Did i miss something?

I say that the arhitectural rendering is JUST NOT as fun as making and animating a character for a kids magazine, or building models for a computer game, or doing 3d for a music video-
Beside thoes jobs I teach 3D animation at the Art Academy in my hometown, so I beg your pardon, but I have a very nice and lenghty client list.:D

And yes, other people can see my friend:),

RAZ
01-25-2004, 04:19 AM
ROFLMAO...

Veljko, I'm leading you down the garden path, so to speak. Your hometown job as an art teaching sounds great. Kids magazines and computer games sure does sound fun.

I dabble and create 3D rendered visuals to compliment my architectural design presentations and meetings. It's all part of the service. I'm really not after your clients my friend.

All the best for the future :cool:

veljko
01-25-2004, 11:04 AM
@RAZ
I just pointed out why i find the arhitectural jobs to be boring-
Since you had no reply on that part of the post i guess the debate is closed?
As for the cliens:), i really dont know where you got the feeling that i think you are after mine?

Anyways, best of luck and c u on the forums!:cool: :)

RAZ
01-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Valjko, best not assume I agree with you. I was just giving you a little pat on the head. ;)

lasco
01-26-2004, 04:35 PM
40 hours of work for this !! ??

would have take twice that to me…;)

(well it depends on the 2D files you get before of course)

nice picture, though the horizon line SHOULD be visible with
that angle of view…