PDA

View Full Version : Editing object points in Layout?

Cageman
01-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Hi all LWavers!

I wonder if there is some way to edit/adjust points in an object in Layout?

All suggestions are welcome!

A.Russell
01-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Yes, there is a plugin that does it. I wanted one when I was trying to edit the result of an object I'd applied motion dynamics to. However it has a pokey little screen and is almost impossible to use. I can't remeber what it was called, you can probably find it with a quick search on Flay dot com if you are keen. Editing any part of geomtry or bones once you are in Layout is a nightmare and usually requires a third party plugin.

That off my chest however. Making changes to your object in Modeler while connected to Layout via the hub will allow you to make changes (press the modeler button in Layout).

Cageman
01-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the tip... I found a commercial plugin on Flay, called XTools... but itīs demolimitations doesnīt allow saving. :( Well, doing stuff in Modeler and synchronize with Layout works pretty well, though. I just didnīt think about that at first. :cool: Modeler on one screen, Layout on the other is the way go go... ;)

Having said that, it IS a bit of a struggle... but I guess this "problem" will be gone in LW8 (editing points in objects in Layout should be as easy as in Modeler), right? :)

A.Russell
01-21-2004, 10:28 AM
I certainly hope so. I'd like to be able to make changes to geometry on individual frames of animation, too.

Dodgy
01-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Look for mimimo on flay :)

Cageman
01-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Dodgy
Look for mimimo on flay :)

Man!!! I could kiss you!!! Thanks!!! I was so blinded that I just didnīt see it in the list of various tools! How great!!

Ohh...and it should be MiniMo... ;)

A.Russell
01-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Man!!! I could kiss you!!!

hehe, Dodgy, you've made a friend ;)

Dodgy
01-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Not too close or my girlfriend will have something to say :)

Cageman
01-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Dodgy
Not too close or my girlfriend will have something to say :)

Same problem here... :) But itīs the thought that counts.. ;)