PDA

View Full Version : layout requests:

jin choung
01-21-2004, 05:17 AM
howdy,

since i did not see them mentioned in the lw 8 features list, let me just repeat again:

- ORTHOGRAPHIC RENDERING

and a new one:

SUBPATCH ORDER per object and a LIST that allows you to move EVERY ITEM (displacement, bones, subdivision, etc) up and down on the list instead of a pull down that just allows you to move the subdivision order only.

jin

Exper
01-21-2004, 05:25 AM
Good features!

As for "ORTHOGRAPHIC RENDERING":
this is one of the things we all requested so many many times... many many more times must we request it? :(

Bye.

jin choung
01-21-2004, 05:37 AM
howdy exper,

yeah, i know! i've requested countless times JUST BY MYSELF!!!

oh well, i guess we'll have to keep on requesting till we get it.

hang in there.

jin

Panikos
01-21-2004, 05:57 AM
I join the team too.

We need Special Projection Camera, we asked so many times, SO MANY !!!
:(

Matt
01-21-2004, 06:03 AM
yes, just in case it wasn't clear, I would find orthographic rendering VERY useful too!!!

:)

private
01-21-2004, 06:35 AM
I'd like to see multiple undos and a dope sheet. Wait! Two out of three ain't bad, but hopefully it's three for three when it's released. Heck, they've had an extra month, right? BUMP!

Panikos
01-22-2004, 12:30 AM
This problem involves modification of the rendering engine into a scanline and not poly-drawing cause distortion or non-distortion of polygons cannot take place.

As stated in some previous thread, we need a perspective amount (as Matt drew) in the Camera panel, varying from zero to hero :)

meatycheesyboy
01-22-2004, 12:43 AM
Along the lines of the subpatch order request, I would like it if you could have items on the list more than once as well. So for example, take this character, subdivide it, displace it, then do more subdivisions.

jin choung
01-22-2004, 01:16 AM
hiya josh,

NIIIIIIiiiiiiiice! hadn't even thought of that! that would indeed be really good. so you have a subdivision node that can be instanced multiple times in the list and each time, you can define how many iterations of subdivisions take place.

jin

jin choung
01-22-2004, 01:20 AM
hmmmm,

actually, at that point, if we can make a UV MAP node that can be placed on this list as well, we could get rid of the SDS UV MAP distortion issue just like maya - you uv map on a mesh that is already subdivided enough to eliminate distortion. but your bones are deforming and are weight mapped too the base cage.

wow, that would be neat but THAT would probably require a lot of ground-up re-engineering.

ok newtek, just stick to the DEFORMATION/SUBDIVISION LIST then.

jin