PDA

View Full Version : Berry Eating Alien [2]

Bliz
01-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Here's a image I've been working on for ages and I've finally got it to a 'finished' sort of stage.

http://www.bliz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/comp_art/berry70.jpg

Let me know what you think

sidetrak
01-20-2004, 07:48 PM
really good render:D

the only problems i have are 1: the hair looks kind of weird , it may just be me, but something doesnt look quit right 2: the shadows look really blue maybe you were going for that but it kind of takes away from the rest of the image in my opinion. really neet tree/bush thing, and very creative creature
looks good:)

starbase1
01-21-2004, 05:33 AM
I really like the coarse hair a lot. I also see that the feet have come on nicely, with sand heaped between the toes.

I don't really like the base of the big bush though - the green bits look really painted on, and the flow of the vertical brown shading is completely independant of it, (and a bit too simple).

So unfortunately pretty much the opposite of the previous viewer!

:(

Nick

adrian
01-21-2004, 11:13 AM
I would just like to say EXCELLENT TEXTURING!!

Did you use a 3rd party program or LWs texture tools?

Also, how did you make the trees?

Nice (if a bit weird) looking creature... kinda cute. Are you going to animate it?

Adrian.

etobiason
01-21-2004, 02:55 PM
I like it, too. The legs look a bit stiff, though. Maybe if you rotate the heading on one or both of the feet so they aren't exactly the same...?

sidetrak
01-24-2004, 03:43 PM
I'll try to clear up some confusion from my first post. I guess i wasnt specific enough when I was talking about the hair, the hair on the back leg was the only thing that was really bothering me. another thing is at a second look, i agree with the tree issues addressed by starbase , but i was talking more about the twigs and berries more than the base of it . this pic shows more like what i meant.

sidetrak
01-24-2004, 03:48 PM
oops forgot to post it. here is what i meant