PDA

View Full Version : Point replace/manipulate questions...

Turner
01-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Hi -

Just waiting for my copy to come, I've been playing around with the demo.

I've tried looking this up in the manual but can't find answers - there are a few things I'm trying to do...

First, I spray points to get a little cloud going. Now, I'm wondering if it's possible to replace those points with an object, or at least anchor an object to each point...

And then, I'd like to be able to manipulate the points - for example, give them all a +15 degree alignment on the +x axis. Can I do that?

Also, I'd like to be able to place objects on the points of an object - for example, I'd like to place a little dodecahedron at each point on the surface of a torus.

Last - and now I'm just pushing my luck - can I animate any of the "straight" modeling views, such as weight shaded with all points picked? Or, is there a way to "fake" that look in a render?

Thanks! This thing is fun...

Andrew

pdrake
01-20-2004, 04:48 PM
point clone plus under the multiply tab. use point cloud as background layer and object as forground layer.

Turner
01-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks!

Well, I played around with it for a bit but couldn't figure it out, and couldn't find any info in the manual.. any tips appreciated!

Andrew

Originally posted by pdrake
point clone plus under the multiply tab. use point cloud as background layer and object as forground layer.

pdrake
01-20-2004, 06:26 PM
here's a basic example:

i sprayed points with spray points on layer one.

i made a small sphere on layer 2.

make layer one the background layer.

click on point clone plus in multiply.

i just clicked okay for the default settings.

you can move your points and such with the interface.

Turner
01-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah!

Now I've got it. Thanks!

Andrew

pdrake
01-20-2004, 09:32 PM
yay! i finally helped someone.

you're welcome. i'm really glad i could give back after everything i've gotten from this community.