PDA

View Full Version : Skelegons' pivot in modeler at the origin ??

Emmanuel
01-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Hi,

okay, its been quite a while I have been using LW now, but out of curiosity, I found out that the *pivots* of skelegons are, like ordinary objects', at the origin in modeler, unless You change it.
Now...isn't this just plain wrong ? Pivots of skelegons should be at the base of each skelegon, not at the origin...I dunno if that really has an effect, but I found it strange, because it contradicts everything I know about bones.
Hopefully just another of the LW-internal-mistakes gone with 8 :(

KillMe
01-20-2004, 12:30 PM
the bones rotate around there starting point in layout anyway - in modeler they are jsut treated as points and polys so the rotation point depedns on what action center you are using so..................

certianly never been an issue for me

mkiii
01-20-2004, 01:05 PM
When you initially load the shape with skelegons into layout, the pivot for the skelegons is as you say, by default, at the origin, or wherever you might put it in modeler with the pivot tool. The position of the skelegons is not affected by this pivot setting.

If you have your skelegons in a separate layer to the mesh:....
Once you convert the skelegons to bones, this pivot is ignored completely by the bones (the skelegons are still thereand the bones will end up parented to them)

If you then decide to rotate the skelegons for some reason, they *will* rotate around the modeler set axis - and worse, the bones will pivot with them since they are parented.

Avoid this mess by making sure your skelegons are in the same layer as your mesh, not in their own.