PDA

View Full Version : AE plug in for VT2

Smcvicar
01-20-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm sure this has come up in other posts. I gave the boards a quick once over and didn't see any...so I apologize if this is old news.

I'm very interested in a plug-in for Adobe's AE. What's involved in doing this? Have others had luck with it and is it recommended?

Thanks for the input on previous questions. This forum is a vital tool in helping me get the most out of my VT.

Scott
Lewisburg, PA

ted
01-20-2004, 11:52 AM
We've been using AE quite a bit. My GFX guy in Edit Bay 2 creates his stuff and saves it as a .rtv, then drops it over the network to me in Edit Bay 1.
It's really nice using native files whenever possible.

Smcvicar
01-20-2004, 11:59 AM
So you don't need a plug in....AE can render as an RTV. Is that right?

Scott

Paul Lara
01-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Yes, you do need some files added to have AE read/write RTV's.
You can download them here. (http://www.newtek.com/products/vt/downloads/ae-plugin.html)

Smcvicar
01-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks Paul.

Smcvicar
01-20-2004, 01:02 PM
I haven't upgraded to VT3 yet. Am I still OK to download the plug in and use AE?

ted
01-20-2004, 01:58 PM
NO Scott, if you haven't upgraded to VT3, you no longer get any support and nothing will ever work for you again!;)
You will also lose all your hair and your dog will suddenly start biting you.

Smcvicar
01-20-2004, 03:00 PM
I guess that means yes. Take it easy on me....I've already lost a ton of hair.

Paul Lara
01-21-2004, 05:37 AM
Actually, I believe some of the library files included with the the AE plug-in are VT[3] dependent, Scott. Sounds like it's the perfect reason (among many) to upgrade!

Videoyogi
02-10-2004, 01:17 AM
yeah....sounds grat,but......unfortunely plugin for afx still cases Afx crash and memory problems. I've played in "rtv-afx trouble game" for 2 month. I give up. Reinstalling Afx6 and putting rtv io plugin into trash is really better way to work without nervous situations.
With all respect Paul...

Mike Watkins
02-12-2004, 12:13 PM
The After Effects plug-in was originally written to the 5.5 SDK. It was updated weeks ago to work w/ 6.0. Additionally a few minor bugs have been fixed. Anyways the current build of the plug-in can be found at
http://newtek.com/products/vt/downloads/ae-plugin.html

I am unaware of any current issues w/ this build of the plug-in. So try it. If you find any bugs, please email them directly to [email protected]

Thank you,
-Mike Watkins
VT Software Engineer