PDA

View Full Version : Flicker (integrate into LW8.5?)

retinajoy
01-20-2004, 06:41 AM
I have already requested a Flash exporter in the features req forum. But i have just noticed that Flicker, a LW plugin which exports renders as vector swf is no longer in development, because they no longer have the resources to do so.

http://www.thirdwishsoftware.com/flicker.html

Maybe Newtek could buy the source code off them and continue the developement and integrate it into LW 8.5. Cinema 4D and Maya can export to vector formats inc SWF, so I am hoping that the next release of LW will can to.

Rich
02-29-2004, 09:39 AM
I agree that this would be a great addition to Lightwave. I have used flicker in the past and it did a fine job. Other 3d packages have output to swf format so it's time for Lightwave to have the same!

smh
02-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Users can also try Swift3D for LW. It's probably the most powerful solution out there:

www.swift3d.com

-SMH

WilliamVaughan
02-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Swift 3D is great but you can also get by without any extra tools and have full control over the final Flash data....

I prefer to just render out frames and do my "vectorizing " right inside of Flash. Has served me well for more then 100 Flash projects.

cresshead
03-01-2004, 03:33 AM
proton are you talking about the auto trace in flash mx?

do you render out from lightwave as a cel shaded pixel format then auto trace in flash??

a tutorial on newtek's site would be nice..or if you have a link to that sort of workflow..would be good for users as flash is the place to end up anyway yes?

WilliamVaughan
03-01-2004, 06:59 AM
I'll write something up....

cresshead
03-01-2004, 07:39 AM
cool!:D

looking forward to it..!
looking forward to f prime!
looking forward to lightwave 8!!
looking forward to using digital fusion+ on output from lightwave 8!!!!

newtek is...Hmmm...cool!

retinajoy
03-01-2004, 08:54 AM
and I thought nothing would come of this thread and had forgotten about it.

Thanks Proton. Looking forward to your write up. :)

When I have used a little LW in Flash, I rendered using cellchader exporting as still frames. This gives good results when u vectorise in Flash because u then have less info to vectorise giving a cleaner looking anim/image, plus smaller swf too.

prospector
03-01-2004, 08:55 AM
Just getting into Flash and that would be really cool to see.

Thanks Proton.

badllarma
03-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Play with Flash myself so this would be really cool never seem to get those files sizes crunshed down too a usable level when going the Lightwave stills to Flash route.